Ryewolf

Watching the trains go by....

At Ramsbottom Station yesterday...

loco-78018-5609.jpg

• Like 3

..Oooh I like this..great dynamics to this image Rye . The steam and cloud reinforces the power theme of these  monsters ... and the figures contributes greatly to the composition for me ...  but I love most of your steam engine pics ....

Thanks Clicker. There were quite a lot of double header trains this day, the one on the left is at the back of the train and the train on the right has two engines at the front.

Agree with Clicker, Rye,  the figure sits perfectly in this one and certainly adds to the image. If that was me standing there and watching I would be very happy!

Thanks Kobione, I thought I'd try and get a little more human interaction with the engines, and obviously the place to do it was at one of the stations.

23 hours ago, Clicker said:

and the figures contributes greatly to the composition for me

It's quite easy to get photos of the trains, but they aren't inanimate, there are people driving them, people on the platforms and in the signal boxes which contribute to the overall scene, so the images I've posted recently reflect that human interaction. but still keep the subject (the train) to the fore.