Just to let you know we have some new challenges starting Monday 1st July 2019, you can find more details here:

New TIPF Challenges

Ryewolf Ryewolf

I'm looking for Cats, Capybara, Canals... What will you find?

Join us in the A-Z Challenge... Week 3 - The Letter C and see what you can find!!

Ryewolf

The Little Blue Train

Built in 1907 at St Rollox works in Glasgow, it is a 0-4-4T loco owned by the Scottish Railway Preservation Society, it was withdrawn from service in December 1962.

To be honest I didn't have a great deal of success in trying to photograph this train (the first time it's been to the ELR), on Friday I miss-read the timetable so it had already arrived at Rawtenstall, so the images I got were of it leaving tender first, the rest of the day it rained quite heavily so I went home. On Saturday, it rained most of the morning but the forecast was supposed to be nice for the late afternoon, so I went to watch it at Irwell Vale only for a double header of loco's 80080 and 78018 to arrive..... It turned out all the trains were an hour late, when it did arrive at Ramsbottom a lady walked right in from of me just as the train was arriving and none of the train was in focus. On Sunday we had snow and hail, but the afternoon was supposed to be nicer, so I set off to Irwell Vale again with some blue skies and clouds, only to have the clouds roll in and just as the train arrived a blizzard of hail and snow came down......

caledonian-railway-419-5619.jpg

caledonian-railway-419-5365.jpg

Another two nice shots.  I like the first in particular.

Thanks Mike and John. 10 minutes after that first shot the sun came out again.

Both nice Rye, but I like the effect the rain has given in the first one too,