Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The Gate hangs well

Alan

beautifully taken and lovely colours, but for me this image doesnt sit right, i think its because the gate is too central. It looks like its halfway up a bank and would be impossible to use or open and go through, so doesnt "invite" my eye to go in ... if that makes sense to anyone out there ?

It looks like its halfway up a bank and would be impossible to use or open and go through

The gate is on a ridge this is why you are looking up and yes it is overgrown. The next time I go I will see if I get a photo to show more.

Is it wrong that I was expecting a picture of a pub?

I used to spend many a happy hour in "The Gate Hangs Well" - it bore more than a passing resemblance to "The Slaughtered Lamb" mind

Served a damned good pint of "cask Ex" - no longer with us, unfortunately.

Oh, and I like the pic too - wouldn't mind seeing it in its autumn glory aswell :-)

I did click on it to see it bigger but it was huge & I had to scroll round to view it.

clicking on it spoils the effect as it is too large which is a shame. I have a fulll HD monitor and its way, way bigger

With the old camera I reduced the image size to 50% and I did the same with the new camera. Looks like I need to reduce the image size to 25%

Aha!........problem solved..............iPad = no show................here on my desktop = one beautiful pic.....click on pic and I see one corner on my 26" monitor.....= too big for iPad to handle?....Yes?

FUJI

The image itself is lovely. I just love the fact that the gate is so overgrown by the hedgerow. And that tantalising glimpse of sky is just beautiful.

Very nicely processed too.

The frame I just can't get along with, I'm afraid - and I'm at a loss as to why it needs your name and trade.

Great photo none-the-less.

Korky

I'm with Heather,I think the gate is badly composed its at the right height but should be more to the left or right,also,the colours of the foliage seem a bit too artificial and processed for my taste.Its just my opinion of course as its basically its a good image,but because of the above reasons I dont really wonder whats at the other side of the gate,which would be my normal reaction to such a image.

Hi Team

Thank you for your comments they are most appreciated.

Just thought you would like to see the photo that came out of the camera. All the tweaking was carried out in the Camera RAW 7.1 using PS CS6, the foreground was lifted using graduated filter and shadow setting. With the exception of the boarder no tweaking was carried in the main PS.

Should the gate be to left or the right that be the question. That’s down to personal choice and whether or not it’s possible to stand to the left or right or if there is any of interest to the left or right.

The camera picture style is set at faithful while the white balance is set at auto.

My colour space for camera, printer and PS to Adobe RGD (1998) this I found gives the best control when printing my own prints. When I publish any photos on the web I save for web and convert the colour space to sRGB.

Gate-copy.jpg

GATE-1.JPG

GATE-2.JPG

Archived