The dark background is really effective at showing him off, super composition & framing too :)

Very effective processing, John.

Beautifully done Sir....

A tad oversharpened perhaps?

FUJI

Nice but perhaps not an easy decision, it could have done with perhaps a little more space for the Swan to swim into, also it did need the wake showing, think i would have gone the same way as you.

I just love that presentation, the white keyline and the black border work brilliantly with the dark background of the image.

Korky

Nicely presented. John     Love that he is looking at you with a very superior, “   I know .... Don’t I look just fabulous ?” 

Only on my iPad and agree with Fooj  it looks just a tad over sharpened  but because  of that essential wake, agree it  doesn’t require any  more  space in front ..  lovely image . 

Thanks all for the comments.  Have to agree about the sharpening.  I came to the same conclusion and marked the image for reprocessing but I can't find the original (Note: must tidy up the archives).

Mike, it was a difficult decision on the comp.  Classically, I would have left more space in front but I decided that this arrangement worked because fortunately, the bird is looking back into the frame and that seemed to work.