Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Letcombe Brook

JamesT

A series of the Letcombe Brook from Letcombe Valley reserve to Wantage, running downstream:

IMG_0021s.jpg.c5144ab9ab197231a6983faef7ad4df6.jpg

IMG_0022s.jpg.f916fa3096eb74c7913e0dde9e5dbdbc.jpg

IMG_0027s.jpg.a61a911caac0061d67483c38cca8cad8.jpg

IMG_0019s.jpg.b9e21a141e3a2c95775c566f10499532.jpg

IMG_0015s.jpg.6d27901241466f3a7767184262b113c3.jpg

IMG_0011s.jpg.eeea4f429ad4ecba23c3de8402ab29b8.jpg

IMG_0031s.jpg.36402559a5b537c34100ff0aadf08041.jpg

All taken with my latest toy, an Olympus Pen-F half frame SLR (not to be confused with the micro 4/3 digital of the same name).

I bet that looks pretty in the early summer too ... though maybe the brook gets obscured by the foliage more then ....Olympus pen-f half frame eh ... they are tiny aren’t they .  Where do you get the film from James ? 

Two is my pick too ... though three  it’s not far behind ... I imagine Four would look nice in colour with the catkins against the water  too ... ... how old is the camera then ?

Thanks everyone. I was very pleased with how sharp the images came out with the very small format, I did use a fine-grain film & developer combination (Ilford FP4+ and Ilford ID11).

1 hour ago, Clicker said:

Olympus pen-f half frame eh ... they are tiny aren’t they. Where do you get the film from James ? 

It's a little bit bigger than the Pen-D (to make room for the SLR light path) -- basically means one fewer frames per roll because of the bigger space between the imaging region and the take-up spool. It uses standard 35mm film, but with a portrait orientation 18x24 image instead of the usual 36x24 landscape orientation.

1 hour ago, Clicker said:

how old is the camera then ?

The original version (which mine is) was made from 1963 to 1966, but I don't know whether it's possible to date more closely from the serial number.

7 hours ago, Korky said:

I've inserted spaces between each image to make the them easier to view (and to satisfy my tidy mind!).

Thanks, I was trying to get it so it would display 1 or 2 per line according to screen width, but the vertical spacing doesn't work very well then.

7 hours ago, Korky said:

image 2 is my pick

Shows how important framing is. I took a large format shot from almost the same place a couple of weeks ago, but in landscape mode and with a wider field, and it looked like a logging site rather than a nature reserve.

Archived