Sign in to follow this  
FUJI

WHY?

WHY?

Is my question and WHY is my title....... WHY?

Why does a young fairly healthy looking young guy need or want to sit begging off passer's by?

I know it has been said time and time again, but during the days of compulsory National Service, begging was almost unheard of...our sense of pride wouldnt let us.

Like wise the horrendous rise in UK knife crime...I was taught to kill, professionally both with .bayonet and firearms, but never left the army with a blood lust......apropos..I carried and still carry a pocket-knife...we all did from about age 7 upwards...all girl Guides and Scouts carried a huge sheath Knife   but no one as far as I know ever used it as a weapon or to threaten anyone..

WHY?

FUJI

WHY  colour.jpg

WHY mono goodpsd.jpg

• Like 1

There are a lot of individuals around suffering mental health issues.  I don't mean insanity, just an inability to cope with the responsibilities of life - like holding down a job for example.  At one time there would have been support for them but in today's perilous situation, lack of funds has meant that they have been all but abandoned.  As to the growth of knife crime - pass.  Like you, I've always carried a pocket knife and still do.  However, I have just treated myself to a new one because sadly I discovered that the lock knife I had is not UK carry legal.  Madness!

Edited by johntwo

Like you i lack the ability to understand the reasons, i carried a pocket knife and then a sheath knife, the only blood they ever saw was mine.

Dad taught me well in looking after myself, what with him being a semi pro boxer (73 fights, won 71, lost 1 fight,  and a draw in another) I have never backed away but in another respect I have never started a fight. These days gang culture is what is learned on the street, the need to carry a weapon because it is a sure thing that other gang member will also carry. Frightens me how the world is changing, both for our generation, but more especially our grandchildrens future lives.

Lots of professional beggars in London apparently, some claim to 'earn' £150-200 a day in the right spot....who do you know who is genuine and has not eaten for a day, or those the beg all day then tootle around the corner and flip the key fob to their Mercedes?