Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Samlesbury Hall

Ryewolf

Built in 1325, it was bought by a building firm in 1924 who intended to demolish it for it's timber and build a housing estate on the land, it was eventually bought by public subscription in 1925 and put into the hands of the Samlesbury Hall Trust. I was married here in Feb 2004

samlesbury-hall-7720.jpg

I'm no expert but I agree with Hatter on the Tudor look. It is a magnificent building and I bet your wedding pics were quite something. It would have been vandalism to demolish it for modern housing. I like the black and white treatment. Would it have been possible to take a couple of steps back and get the whole building in the shot?

7 hours ago, Hatter said:

I expect the place has some interesting historical stories.  It looks more "Tudor" in decor to me, but I expect it's been refurbished a few times.

Thanks Gareth, yes it's been added too and enlarged quite a few times over the years. The original hall was destroyed by Robert The Bruce in 1322,

4 hours ago, David995031 said:

Would it have been possible to take a couple of steps back and get the whole building in the shot?

Thanks David, I probably could have got it all in with a wide angle lens but I didn't have one at the time.

Thanks Denis.

A very nice record of a building I know quite well.  I like the way the drive leads you through to the building ( don't all drives but you know what I mean).   It's supposed to be one of the more haunted buildings in this part of the world.  So next project   ............................

Thanks John, I must get back with my wide angle and take some shots. Yes, they have frequent ghost hunting nights there, Chingle Hall in Goosnargh is also said to be haunted, you used to be able to visit at one time.

Thanks Dee

24 minutes ago, Kobione said:

Interesting looking place Rye, and, again, not the type of building we can get to see - lovely!

Thanks Dee, this is just down the road from where I live - about 15 miles, I've taken both film and digital pictures from here, so I suppose it's something you can easily take for granted..But then you've got Kangaroos you can photograph from you back door.

1 hour ago, Ryewolf said:

.But then you've got Kangaroos you can photograph from you back door.

Very few at the moment Rye, apart from one of the 'Big Boys', (the one with the dangly bits!), who comes in every evening to clean up the bird seed tray! I will try and get him again.

Archived