David995031

Milldale, Peak District, Derbyshire

This is a little hamlet in a glorious corner of England where we started a walk in Dovedale, in yesterday's perfect weather. Shots of the dale itself to follow. I thought these views might have had some monochrome potential but having experimented with Nik Silver Efex Pro 2, decided I preferred full colour

IMG_1983-2.thumb.jpg.b2625a876e3d389129c85bb810d11d8e.jpg

IMG_1987-7.thumb.jpg.19278d07d038a330939dd03103d22f00.jpg

IMG_2044-57.thumb.jpg.dde6c71cbbc28b053e3dec037933c3dc.jpg

• Like 4

Looks like a step back in time David ... what a gorgeous place ..looks idyllic  #1  for me  with the contrasts and shadows .   A very very nice set .

• Like 1

It's the light that make these finally.  Much as I like mono images, I think these would have lost some atmosphere had you converted them.  I like these.  Makes me want to go there.

Shots 1 & 3 are excellent (could shot 1 do with a little rotate clockwise?) and you've done the right thing by leaving them in colour.

Korky

Yes, the third shot is great, apart from the sattelite dish there is nothing else to date the image.

No TV aerials, no electric or phone cables or modern street furniture of signage..lovely!

11 minutes ago, Denis said:

Yes, the third shot is great, apart from the sattelite dish there is nothing else to date the image.

No TV aerials, no electric or phone cables or modern street furniture of signage..lovely!

Arghhh! Satelite dish! Totally missed that - could have got rid! Doh!

I like the warm colours of these, with the 3rd image being my favourite. It reminds me of a small hamlet near me called Wycoller.

Beautiful light.  I agree they are best left in colour.