Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

New truck

Denis

Taken after its inaugural trip to North Wales and back Monday....

I have never taken so long to suss out a vehicle before ! Every truck I have had has been a doddle to operate, but this is taking things to a new level. The drivers handbook reads like a computer manual. Everything is digital and linked to the trucks computer. Menus and sub menus all on buttons on the steering wheel, intelligent engine management that needs to be understood to get the most out of the vehicle is now the normal modus operandi

AEB braking that scans the road ahead and  brings the truck to a halt if you miss seeing something looming out of the fog in front of you.

Lane departure system that guides you back into the lane if you stray, couple that with the above, and we can see where all this tech is heading in regard to driverless trucks.

A central heating system that heats the engine block and coolant as well as keeping me warm at night, it can also chill the air in the cab during hot summer nights!

A microwave oven, fridge, freezer DAB digital with FM SW and AM, leather upholstery, soft carpets leather steering wheel,

What a way to end my driving career in such a machine....I love it! Powerful, Huge cab, superior vision all round and a snip for the boss at a mere £120,000 each with two more joining the fleet next week.

New Scania.jpg

New Scania2.jpg

• Like 1

Brilliant stuff Denis ..  I live all this safety stuff on cars .. other half was so impressed with my Mazda 3 Sport Nav with the safety pack,,he  has just gone and ordered the  Mazda 6 equivalent ...    in addition  this  version has radar sensitive cruise control that lets you set a speed and a distance you want to be from the vehicle in front and accelerate and brakes automatically to keep that same distance... great for the hours we have to spend in traffic calming areas on the motorways .. 

All these things  like the warning vibration if you stray from a lane without indicating etc all help to make better drivers of us ...  we all know there are cars out there that  don’t have indicators at all don’t we ?

?

• Like 1

I have the Mazda 6 Polly with all the bells and whistles.  Great car, confusing SatNav and limited storage for maps etc because the side pockets are next to useless.  My wife's SEAT is so much better and I'm looking in that direction next.  However given the choice, I think I might settle for being King of the Road in Denise's  new toy.  You could almost move in.  Sounds like it will be a real wrench when you do retire Denis and have to leave it behind.  Start dropping hints about a leaving present. 

Edited by johntwo
  • Like 1

Funnily enough I like the fact that side pockets just hold a bottle and no clutter ? I only have maps in the boot in case the sat nav goes on Strike ..after all we have google maps on the phone too so it’s rarely I use the paper ones any more  .. I have to say it took a bit of time to sus the intracasies of the sat nav compared to TomTom. It is the most comfortable seating I’ve ever driven in so no more back ache after a four hour drive. .. I just love the look of the car I have to say ... and that’s quite important to me too ... 

It looks like your boss is trying every trick in the book to get you to stay longer Denis .... will he succeed ..?. I hope not... you deserve some time to retire especially after spending so many hours on the road away from  home .....

Think of all the other things you could be doing Denis!!    ?????

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Clicker said:

It looks like your boss is trying every trick in the book to get you to stay longer Denis .... will he succeed ..?. I hope not... you deserve some time to retire especially after spending so many hours on the road away from  home .....

Think of all the other things you could be doing Denis!!?????

Oh he is Polly, he is  :) ...and I am thinking about other things !