Just to let you know we have some new challenges starting Monday 1st July 2019, you can find more details here:

New TIPF Challenges

Ryewolf Ryewolf

Don't forget ... midnight on Sunday 31st August is the deadline for your entries (a maximum of 4) in the latest monthly TIPF IN FOCUS challenge.

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/29342-tipf-in-focus-august-2019-open-theme/

Good Luck  everyone ...;)

Entries close for this weeks Alphabet image at midnight Sunday 18th Aug ... Post a pic taken this week  ...  How  unusual a subject beginning with G can you come up with eh?.;)

atb  Ryewolf

Clicker

I can see you .......

Another one with the long lens ...

DSCF9016 bluet ed2 s.jpg

• Like 3

A nice capture, but (at the risk of offending against the old warning about pots & kettles) I would say that the focus distance seems to be on the branch rather than the bird.

• Thanks 1

I also thought a tad soft on the bird, but wondered if you'd shot it through glass?

• Thanks 1

Yeah... Shot through the double glazing ... yeah it was a tad soft on this one ....I had some with better focus but the composition was pants ... ☺️ thanks both of you ... 

Might be worth losing the spare twig and dulling the adjacent highlight but the composition is superb and it sharpens up beautifully.  Nice capture Clicks.

555382762_DSCF9016blueted2s.thumb.jpg.9aa2d1d19c76607b00a855d14d1f1c9b.jpg.87969acb3178c4d6b2319db422cd2a0a.jpg

Edited by johntwo
  • Like 1

Thanks John ...  i  think I have three exposures  for this  photo  so I'll check the others in case I have a better one regarding the  focus ,  out of interest. .

I found this one  sooc  ..SQUARE   cropped this time and rotated slightly to alter the  twig angle  but I haven't sharpened it at all ... looks a  bit better   focus .....I think..BTW ... this was the first time i had used the setting that tracks the focus even if the subject momentarily moves behind  something ....

DSCF9015 eds.jpg

• Like 2

I think i like this one more than the first,I would still be tempted with

a bit of selective sharpening and a lift to the colours .

89463718_DSCF9015eds.thumb.jpg.30bdf78f506675fd5451ab55f67d34ef.jpg.e4c0d80716f7d6185725a5890efe40c3.jpg

• Like 2

Some good helpers there Polly . nice to see you taking a few Birdies . 

The edits really have made it a real winner - to be honest, I'm quite amazed at the difference that John & Mike's twiddles have made.

Korky

Thanks everyone ... I appreciate the edits . I was hoping that my lens would have produced a version that I wouldn’t have to sharpen  hence the two photos without any processing .. looks like I  still need pp or more practice 🤓

43 minutes ago, Clicker said:

Thanks everyone ... I appreciate the edits . I was hoping that my lens would have produced a version that I wouldn’t have to sharpen  hence the two photos without any processing .. looks like I  still need pp or more practice 🤓

It may do in good light and not through a window, where they shot as jpeg,if so is the Fuji like Nikons in the sense if you shoot jpeg you need to adjust the in-camera settings for sharpening etc.

I always shoot RAW  Mike ... I  suspect shooting through double glazing for these images  may well have compromised the lens a bit .. I always edit from RAW but I rarely ever sharpen... .. I suspect, on manual now, my eyesight is a little compromised too as I have the start of a cataract in  one eye .. ggrrrrr

It sucks getting old don’t it ?

1 hour ago, Clicker said:

I always shoot RAW  Mike ... I  suspect shooting through double glazing for these images  may well have compromised the lens a bit .. I always edit from RAW but I rarely ever sharpen... .. I suspect, on manual now, my eyesight is a little compromised too as I have the start of a cataract in  one eye .. ggrrrrr

It sucks getting old don’t it ?

As you only have one alternative to growing old i will stick with growing old.

laughter-really-is-the-best-medicine-L-rfO6kp.jpg.836cc7362f9c9dc18927a9bae7ffd669.jpg

• Haha 1

Yeah... Shouldn't moan really should I ?

I love the composition in the original, but the treatments make it a wall-hanger 👍

Is it me or is there a striking resemblance between the top-left bud and a furry animal head? 😄

• Haha 1

Yeah .... ... definitely looks familiar...🐰