Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

An Old Chuffer

Ryewolf

A 4200 Class 2-8-0T Loco built in 1919, it has 8 driving wheels and could haul coal trains weighing in excess of 1,000 tons over the steep gradients of the Welsh valleys. Retired in 1962 until bought for preservation in 1985, but wasn't in steam again until 2014 and can be found on the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway (at the moment on loan to the ELR).

At Ramsbottom

gwr-4270-ramsbottom-5106.jpg

At Rawtenstall 15 minutes later

gwr-4270-rawtenstall-5126.jpg

Running around

gwr-4270-rawtenstall-5141.jpg

Filling up

gwr-4270-rawtenstall-5166.jpg

Just now, WereBo said:

I could watch the passing Settle-Carlisle trains from my bedroom window

Thanks WereBo, they still have the occasional steam trains running on the Settle Carlisle line, John posted one not long ago and the LMS Jubilee Class 4-6-0 45596 Bahamas will be running on it next Saturday 16th Feb

3 hours ago, Korky said:

When I read the thread title I thought you'd been over to Chorley and taken some shots of me wandering around the market!

Korky

My thoughts precisely when I saw the title too ... then I saw something that was in good shape for its age .made some odd sounds when in motion and still makes a ruddy good impression when working in an environment that really suits it ... so  not far off the mark was I.? ?

Thanks John,

15 hours ago, Kobione said:

you are so lucky to have these subjects 'within reach'!

I'm a bit spoilt for steam railways where I live, within 30 miles I can drive to East Lancs Railway, Ribble Steam Railway, Keighley & Worth Valley Railway, , Embsay Railway and the West Lancs Light Railway. At around 100 miles in any direction I could probably get to at least 20 more.

Archived