Just to let you know we have some new challenges starting Monday 1st July 2019, you can find more details here:

New TIPF Challenges

Ryewolf Ryewolf

Don't forget ... midnight on Sunday 31st August is the deadline for your entries (a maximum of 4) in the latest monthly TIPF IN FOCUS challenge.

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/29342-tipf-in-focus-august-2019-open-theme/

Good Luck  everyone ...;)

Entries close for this weeks Alphabet image at midnight Sunday 18th Aug ... Post a pic taken this week  ...  How  unusual a subject beginning with G can you come up with eh?.;)

atb  Ryewolf

After a dreary and wet start to the day, it finally brightened up and the was some actual blue sky, so I thought a quick drive out to a local picnic area that has bird feeders to see what birdies I might find

No sooner had I got there that the light changed and I also hadn't noticed until I got home that I hadn't changed the camera focus point from a zone to single point...

coal-tit-5087.jpg

coal-tit-5069.jpg

coal-tit-5055.jpg

I think they are different birds in each image

• Like 3

Yet another that I rarely get to see, like #2 as it shows off their dumpy stance.

Thanks Denis, I think in this instance I've caught 3 different birds. they are quite common at this picnic site, the problem is like many of the little birds in the tit family they tend to fly in and out very quickly.

Very nice set Rye.  Sharp,  decent backgrounds and no twigs in the way.

Thanks John, in the last image this tree branch (a small part of one anyway) was placed on the feeding table. I suspect an enterprising photographer did it so the birds would land on a natural looking perch with an uncluttered background before jumping down for the seeds on the platform below.

Lovely Rye , they are super Birds , but pretty fast to catch.