Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

I felt guilty

Nikonmike

This guy was walking along on a cold wet morning, obviously has problems, the lady looked at him as though he was a piece of dirt, i saw a picture, then a guy in a suit about twenty years old came running after him with a hot coffee and sausage roll and said here mate you have this, has my advancing years made me more thoughtless for my fellow man.

p10204100_28085812682_o.thumb.jpg.662353b93bd1c67db78a43152e562463.jpg

Mike, this is always a difficult one .... around here we have different types of wanderers or sleepers....

The ones I do subscribe to are the buskers, because they really earn what they get, and many are pretty good...( not the Romanian accordionists though

Other wanderers are obviously mentally ill...we have at least two around town....they are usually receiving professional help.....most locals know them and keep an eye out.

The official line with those who wrap themselves in donated duvets, is not to give them anything, because it maintains their drug or alcohol habit....almost all have  at least one charity keeping an eye on them......some own a  dog with the aim of gaining sympathy.....many can  be seen smoking...if they can afford £8 for 10 ? ....I can’t, so don’t donate.

There is a fine line here..... I know one particular musician very well, he is the ..Blues Player....featured in my posts on TIPF.... I often buy him a pasty and a hot drink...I have also persuaded our local bakers to look after him at the end of the selling day....he receives food they can’t keep over night...I have also given him warm clothing...he lives in a tent and travels  the country.....

There is currently a very real move to get all of the genuine cases real homes and support..... this has already begun officially in many cities.

FUJI

As a piece of candid street photography it works really well and the woman's expression makes a good counterpoint as well as a stark social comment. You saw the picture, and often in circumstances like this it's a difficult call whether to photograph or not.

I think Fuj i is right about this being a constant dilemma.   Over the years I have come to the conclusion that when it comes to disadvantaged people as subjects, much depends on intent.  If it is about highlighting their plight i.e. for their benefit then O.K.   If it's just about a good capture, i.e. for my benefit, I've tended to hold back.  Part of the reason for that is that I've never developed the art of  chatting to them before hand to the point at which they might be comfortable with the idea.  That was the what I found so interesting about watching  the Don McCullin documentary.  He has that off to a T as I suspect Fuji also has judging by the images he has posted.  I'm a little less concerned when it comes to general members of the public but on the occasions that I pluck up the courage,  I always ask first.

Having bored you with all of that, the image succeeds for me because of the inter action between the woman and the subject.

Archived