Clicker

POTW week ending 3 /2/2019

There was some tough competition  this week...  I mean really  tough ... Roger opened the batting with a really  outstanding couple of Waxwing photos ... I  really  loved Korky's understated but inimitable rendition of  Just Leaves, and Johntwo's 'Day's work s done was beautifully processed. . Simon's Symmetry was really eyecatching and Nikonmike's  Still Life  grabbed my attention too. After  a long time looking  I had three images that I  just  could hardly choose between  and all were from Denis ...One  of a  Kingfisher and the two of a longtailed tit  so..POTW   is  .this one of the Kingfisher ...  and I have to admit  I have been influenced by the back story. I can tell just how thrilled Denis is with this rare capture of  this elusive  beauty .Well done Denis ... a reward for your patience out there ...

untitled-54-1.jpg.efe8c0d22fadc05d9c17e08b0e77c2ca.jpg

You can find the original post  on the link below:-

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/21823-kingfisher/?tab=comments#comment-171848

Very well done Denis.....congratulations.....

A cracking shot.

FUJI

• Thanks 1

Well done Denis - your effort paid off!

• Thanks 1

Wow! Thank you !

I stopped at the feeders on the way home from taking all of the images I posted, and nodded to other birders and togs. one regular looked at me and said, anything good today?

Nah, not much says I, just a Kingfisher, Red kite, Jay, Thrush, and a long tailed Tit...and wandered off feeling very pleased with meself. This though is the icing on the cake !

• Haha 1

Great choice - Well done, Denis!

Korky

• Thanks 1

Well done Denis - a stonker of a picture!

• Thanks 1

Congrats from me Denis, a great image.

• Thanks 1

Congratulations, Denis!

• Thanks 1

Great choice.  Capturing one at all is an achievement but this is a great image as well.

• Thanks 1

I’m sure that now you have found the area he inhabits Denis , that this is not the last time we see a photo of him from you .... of course ... now the next challenge is to capture one of him in flight .... over to you then ....😉

• Thanks 1

just seen this,well done Denis a lovely take on this beautiful Bird,