At last,  having the right lens paid off today,

untitled-54-1.jpg

untitled-52-1.jpg

untitled-41-1.jpg

• Like 3

Nice... I am now officially envious!

• Thanks 1

Me too, though I did manage a long distance shot of one last year.

• Thanks 1

Oh wow Denis ... you sound so matter of fact about this ... I would be ecstatic if I’d taken those stunning kingfisher images.. which lens did you take ....and how patient did you have to be to get these ... Was it it the same place where you saw hi m a few weeks ago ? Do tell us ..

• Thanks 1

Yes Clicks, it was the same place, I went there just after 0900 this morning and stood around for an hour, i didnt think i would see it as the towpath was busy with joggers and cyclists. It flew past and vavished but returned 20 minutes later and perched on a branch surveying the lightly frozen river. I took about 50 pics through the Nikon f5.6 200-500 lens that was on the camera today. The kingfisher was about 35 foot away, so cropped right in and handheld, wish I had taken the mono pod, they might have been a little clearer.

• Like 1

Well now you’ve found a perch he likes ... you’ll probably find him again and you’ll have your monopod with you ....won’t you. :yes I.m so green with envy .... well done you ... you must be chuffed to little mint balls......

• Like 1

Finally, you made it.  Great captures.

• Thanks 1

Hey Denis..... you are becoming a regular.....Little Twitcher 🤓

Seriously though....very well done, the Kingfisher and all your other recent bird studies are fantastic....I’m pleased for you.

I can just see you now...putting camouflage outdoor clothing,  lens covers, plus a 500mm lens on you Birthday/Christmas list....it is good for TIPF to have regular bird and macro enthusiasts.....keep them coming.

TIPF, appears to have rekindled itself after dropping into the doldrums for a while..... I find that it is regular posting together with as much feedback, both ways,  is its lifeblood.

FUJI

• Like 1