Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The Winter Cumbrian Mountain Express.

johntwo

A steam special was due to come down the Settle to Carlisle line late afternoon today.  That meant that the sun would be over to the west, ideal for a south bound train.  So I risked going up to Dent Station despite the fairly heavy snow falls.  As it turned out the roads were fairly passable.  At 1150ft, Dent Station is the highest Railway Station in the UK.  Unusually, the special was a two engine double header with 61306 Mayflower leading 35018 the British India Line.  Disappointingly, I couldn't find a viewpoint that would show both engines fully as well as provide a decent comp. so I opted for the latter.  Two colour and one mono just for variety.  The conditions were too bright for a slower shutter speed and so not much blur on the wheels etc.

1.  You can just see the second engine.

293792672_Dent5.jpg.d3fb58082b252e41a9ab6af9c063540a.jpg

1556388159_Dent2.thumb.jpg.04c8654163528551637d3d70dfb9da8a.jpg

3. The Old Station House

1717304514_Dent6.jpg.015b0f0af265e49a096ae33ca9361fbb.jpg

Nice set John.  As you have probably picked up by my responses to other posts I love steam train images because it's something we cannot easily get to see. Both of the engine are really nice, but slightly prefer the mono version. It makes the steam cloud a bit more condensed and the angle is great giving that very nice reflection of the rails ahead on the front.

Love the Station House too, composition is good, nice background view - and lots of crunchy snow!!

Everything about this set feels crisp  and defined John...Very nice 1st image   unusually the colour version really enhances this one for me  as usually I opt  for that  dated   monotone treatment for  steam  engines  ... The Old Station house  is  beautiful with that shadow detail in the foreground and that  fabulous view in the background ... a real quality set Sir ... 

Thanks all for your comments.  I had a very pleasant afternoon out.  I was even invited in for a cuppa by a family renting one of the cottages at the end of he station drive.  They were delighted to find out that in addition to all the snow, they would have a close up view of a steam train.  The children ended up hanging over the garden fence in a way reminiscent of the Railway Children.

Gareth, the pop wasn't planned.  I wanted to use the closest shot to show off the engine at it's best but I cut part of the buffer off.  I ended up pasting a copy of the left hand buffer on to the right and the cut was to avoid having to sort out the rest of the RH edge.

Clicks Fuj', the images are crisp and there has been no sharpening applied.  Although I needed to dodge and burn a fair amount because of the shadow from the Station House, there has been no sharpening.  I was using a 23mm f1.4 prime lens on the X-T3 and it produced the sharpness straight out of the camera.  I'm normally lazy and leave the 18-55mm zoom on but this looks to be a good combination.

Archived