Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Birmingham night visit - underground

Stravinsky

This time was a little scary.  Three of us visited the culverts near the city in Birmingham. This involved scaling a wall, climbing down through two access ladders and then a walk of around 2 - 300 yards through fast running water and very slippery side paths.  I lived to tell the tale though.  Difficult conditions as they are underground, and pitch black.  We had some lighting and a small smoke machine as well as warm clothing and wellingtons.

These are the kind of shots serious togs either hate, or see them for what they are 

Ive tried again. Three images ... 283 kb each, longest length 1200 px.  They upload to the page, when I select post then they dont appear in the post

I'm leaving it for now, clearly there is an issue somewhere but I dont think its me as I'm uploading elsewhere with no issues

4 hours ago, Stravinsky said:

Ive tried again. Three images ... 283 kb each, longest length 1200 px.

Could you try uploading just one of the images to this thread. Last year someone reported that the forum was incorrectly reporting the file sizes and making them bigger than they actually were.

59 minutes ago, Stravinsky said:

I got one up OK, then I edited the post and got another up as an edit, on the third attempt to edit (all these are 280kb) I got the message

Okay, just checked the image info for those 2 images the first is 776kb and the second is 773kb, which is obviously quite a bit bigger than the 280kb you said they are, if the 3rd image you tried to upload was also being made bigger by the same amount it would take you over the 2mb limit for a post.

Could you try posting the other images after this.

5 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

Okay, just checked the image info for those 2 images the first is 776kb and the second is 773kb, which is obviously quite a bit bigger than the 280kb you said they are, if the 3rd image you tried to upload was also being made bigger by the same amount it would take you over the 2mb limit for a post.

Could you try posting the other images after this.

I checked the image size here on PC before uploading, they are reduced for web with the 1200 px  - they are 289 and 280 kb respectively so I don't know why you are getting those sizes.  It's exactly the same process Ive always been through when posting here, and usually more than two or three shots.  Very strange.

5 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

It is very strange, it's like the forum is upscaling the images and making them bigger.

I know ... as I asked a few times, if you delete both of the posts then I'll try again but we hugely reduced sizes so I can put them up together in a thread properly

If we delete the two images now Strav ... the rest of the post won't   make sense  for  prospective readers so until we  can find out exactly why these two images register as larger than the ones you say that you posted , it would be better to leave them .. Incidentally I think the  Data size of a post includes the text though  that is usually very small  .

Rye , I've  checked the   image file size and  my info shows it as 757.9 kbs  for  1st image  and the second with the man removed as 718 kbs . 

Whe you reduce the size of the image Strav,  do you use Photoshop and reduce the number of  pixels  along the length from   6000 to 1200  or do you  use another option there used to be on an older Photoshop  version  eg  save for  web..?  ( I see you said  reduce  for web in your post )

You could start another   thread and name it the same adding PART TWO DUPLICATE  and try posting them again if you are sure they are the smaller versions .....  How big were the originals before you went to reduce the size .. and had you flattened the layers  for  them ... Clutching at straws here   :wallbash:

25 minutes ago, Clicker said:

If we delete the two images now Strav ... the rest of the post won't   make sense  for  prospective readers so until we  can find out exactly why these two images register as larger than the ones you say that you posted , it would be better to leave them .. Incidentally I think the  Data size of a post includes the text though  that is usually very small  .

Rye , I've  checked the   image file size and  my info shows it as 757.9 kbs  for  1st image  and the second with the man removed as 718 kbs . 

Whe you reduce the size of the image Strav,  do you use Photoshop and reduce the number of  pixels  along the length from   6000 to 1200  or do you  use another option there used to be on an older Photoshop  version  eg  save for  web..?  ( I see you said  reduce  for web in your post )

You could start another   thread and name it the same adding PART TWO DUPLICATE  and try posting them again if you are sure they are the smaller versions .....  How big were the originals before you went to reduce the size .. and had you flattened the layers  for  them ... Clutching at straws here   :wallbash:

I meant delete the threads completely, there are already two and I dont think starting a third will help much 

Ive checked the image sizes again, and according to my software they are as I said. Ive been posting photographs on line for as long as I can remember ... this is the only time I can remember having an issue like this, so no it's not down to flattening layers.  Yes I use Photoshop. The original files were around 12mb before saving for web and re sizing 

Dont worry about it, I dont want to cause hassle I just thought it would be easier to start them again rather than have three threads

It's  not causing a hassle Strav .... it's an issue that we  need to resolve  here in ADMIN ... Thanks for your patience.... We will leave this  thread up so that when we solve  the problem ( always the optimist !)  we can return to inform you and  the rest of the members . 

2 hours ago, Clicker said:

I've just googled  the issue     ...it appears there has been an issue in the past   with Elements 9  and Adobe  on the file resizing ....but I haven't read it all yet.  

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/images-not-saving-at-correct-size-and-resolution

I had a quick read, only issue with that is that it is from 3 years ago and this has only been  happening recently on here.  I need to go and resize in something else, although I'm a bit concerned now because if it is true than the low res pics Ive been putting on social media so people cant do anything meaningful with them, arenlt such low res as I thought

1 hour ago, Stravinsky said:

I had a quick read, only issue with that is that it is from 3 years ago and this has only been  happening recently on here.

One sure fire way to find out if you use windows is to find the file you uploaded, right click and select Properties and that will give you the size on disk.

6 minutes ago, Ryewolf said:

One sure fire way to find out if you use windows is to find the file you uploaded, right click and select Properties and that will give you the size on disk.

280 & 292 kb  and the third was 273 

Doesnt help, does it 

2 minutes ago, Stravinsky said:

Doesnt help, does it

Maybe it does, if Windows says that's the file size, but uploading them to the forum makes them 770kb, we can assume it's not a Photoshop problem but how the forum is uploading the images.

Archived