Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Hunsdon Lock in Winter

Denis

37 minutes ago, Korky said:

That one really works for me - the composition is excellent and I love the processing.

I think Rye's correct about the whites. I'd be tempted to add a curves layer and then tweak very gently.

Korky

That's really nice.  I agree with Rye and Korky - sort of.  The whites are there in the sky.  I think it is the mid tone that need a tweek.   Just needs the centre of the curve pulling up.  But very  well conceived.

I have to say Denis  your composing technique is really working ... ...  I would tweak the  white   too..  Do you use Photoshop?

Here's an edit I did ... tis  a minimal  amount  needed   ...as I see the lads have said too..

Barely noticeable unless you put them side by side 

301773854_monolock(1024x685).jpg.699166e63087306f04e087fefe0eca00ed2.jpg

I noticed  just slightly left of centre a slightly  coloured patch ...  a bit  like a sepia burn ... ...? or is it my ruddy eyesight playing tricks??.. It is a really nice composition  no matter ... I 'd hang that ....

The colour spots disappear if you re apply the mono conversion.  I've done that here and just stretched the mid tones.  The reason for working the mid tones rather than the whites is that doing so, doesn't degrade that bit of sky in the trees.

301773854_monolock(1024x685).jpg.699166e63087306f04e087fefe0eca00.jpg.9bdfd68255c0de70e2f72f9e511dd416.jpg

Sorry  Denis  I didn’t remove them  on purpose as I wanted to just bring a bit more contrast as suggested  but point out the sepia type blob for  you to notice .  I didn’t think you used Photoshop Denis  however you can remove that coloured blob in other ways using the nik  collection  too  without compromising your  other  tones ...  do you have the whole Nik fx collection or just the silver FX  bit?

Archived