Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Sunday Morning Music.....

Korky

OK....... so it's Sunday morning and a member of your household shouts through from the kitchen "C'mon chuck, give us some Sunday music. Summat I can have a bop to while I'm peelin' these piggin' carrots". What do you choose? A bit of Mantovani perhaps? Or maybe a blast of 'Snooker Loopy'?

I'll go first.....

Right now Paul Simon's 'Graceland' is wafting through the corridors of Korkington Manor. Right fine it is, too.  And not showing its age one jot. 'Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes' is playing as I scribble this. Streamed from Amazon Music - can't be doin' wi' them new-fangled cassettes!

Anyone else?

Korky

Yeah I love my Echo .. had it three years now and with Amazon music unlimited I am listening to Richard Burton narrating Dylan Thomas’ Under Milkwood in that fabulous voice of his ...    yesterday I listened to the soundtrack of The Greatest  Showman and Les  Miserables  .... we like to pretend we’ve  brought a bit of culture to the place yer know ...?

1 hour ago, Clicker said:

Yeah I love my Echo .. had it three years now and with Amazon music unlimited I am listening to Richard Burton narrating Dylan Thomas’ Under Milkwood in that fabulous voice of his ...    yesterday I listened to the soundtrack of The Greatest  Showman and Les  Miserables  .... we like to pretend we’ve  brought a bit of culture to the place yer know ...

"Where diy you get that face from Lil ?"

" Of a cat, silly"....... "I must put my pyjama’s in the drawer, marked...PYJAMAS !..... and then.... I must search the peke.....for fleas "

Under Mik Wood ? Love it..... I once designed and painted the sets for it....on three ..Revolves....which turned just like the pages of a book....the actor leaving a scene, turned on the next....

Fell out with Dylan Thomas, the man though...after I read all of his scrounging begging letters.

Music, this morning  ?      Benitictus...The Armed Man.....Mass for Peace.

I just have Siri.....but use Apple Music and YouTube for most of my listening....the iPad Pro has four amazing speakers......I do have two high-end Bluetooth speakers too.

FUJI

• Like 1

I went to the Premiere of Karl Jenkins Armed Man  A Mass for Peace at the Albert Hall ..in 2001 when it was  played publically  for the first time ..  It featured the National Youth Choir ... quite the best choir I have ever heard ...It was quite unforgettable Fooj .. Were you asking where the winking emoji  came from when you said "face"  Fooj?

Early Monday morning here, and heading for over 40Cdeg today, so I have the windows wide open and letting in a bit of cool air before we have to 'shut down'. I have heaps of playlists on my laptop and am listening via earphones to a Karl Jenkins, Hans Zimmer and John Dreamer collection that I have named 'Powerful' and is about 40 odd minutes long - then I'll be ready for brekky and second coffee!

• Like 1

My alarm on my phone everyday is Easy Street by The Collapsable Hearts Club featuring Jim Bianco and Petra Haden. For those unaware of this song it was used on The Walking Dead series 7 as a sleep deprivation torture technique by playing it constantly. There are 1 hour, 10 hour and 24 hour looped versions. This is just one....

On 13/01/2019 at 11:12, Korky said:

Right now Paul Simon's 'Graceland' is wafting through the corridors of Korkington Manor. Right fine it is, too.  And not showing its age one jot. 'Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes' is playing as I scribble this. 

Good taste, Korky, good taste!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, KateW said:

Good taste, Korky, good taste!

I think so, but I've had to wait a long time for someone to agree with me.

An absolute classic album though, eh? Sounds as fresh today as it did when it was recorded. And, if I remember correctly, Paul Simon got himself into a sizeable mess of controversy for daring to record the album with black musicians in South Africa, which was still operating the dreadful apartheid system. Just goggled it and the album was released in 1986.

Korky

• Like 1

Most mornings (and afternoons) I'm listening to 'Planet Rock' online (also on DAB radio), Sunday mornings has 'The Hairy Rock-show' with The Hairy Bikers (excellent music+recipes+god raconteurs), then followed by Bernard Docherty's 'Blues-Hour'.

12 hours ago, Korky said:

An absolute classic album though

I bought this when it first came out and there are tracks that I much prefer, such as: I Know What I Know, Gumboots, Under African Skies and Crazy Love.

Anyway I give you one from today, an album by Anne Dudley (Art of Noise) and Jaz Coleman (Killing Joke) called Songs From The Victorious City, from 1990:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...