WereBo

New Year's Eve.

My trusty ol' P610 bridge-cam died just before Christmas so I sent it off for repairs.  I got an email back saying they were waiting for spares to arrive, then another saying the bits were coming from Japan!!!  I couldn't wait any longer so, as I'd had a recent windfall, I went and gotted myself a new Nikon D5600+18mm-55mm lens, along with a 70mm-300mm and 40mm macro lenses, plus circular-polarisers for each one.  The shop didn't have the 70mm-300mm in stock at the time, so I had to go back and collect it a couple o' days later.

The most frustrating bit of the whole experience? Waiting for the battery to charge up so I could play with it...   😄

Anyway, these are the first set of photos from it, I went up to the top floor (5th) of the flats where I live, to get some celebration shots.  I'd discovered that I can see part of the London-Eye previously, so there was a lot of hope for something....

Looking towards London.....

45641700585_883e362a83_b.jpg

Straight across the Thames to The Docklands.......

31614557077_1e81404b41_b.jpg

Looking downriver to Greenwich......

45831159784_0030f949e0_b.jpg

Edited by WereBo
Amended layout...

A nice start indeed - looking forward to seeing more of your efforts using the new kit!

Korky

Good to see  you back WereBo ..... urban night  time images require careful attention in my experience. Nicely caught.

Thank you for the kind words folks, 'tis muchly appreciated 🙂

@ Clicker - I did my usual trick with a new camera, set it to the appropriate pre-programmed 'Scene', in this instance 'Night Landscape'.  This gives me a chance to see how well the programmed scenes are, and the exif-data gives me an idea of the settings used, so I can play with 'em later as required.

Just out of curiosity I did a comparison between 2 similar photos, 1 from my old Nikon P610 bridge-cam and the new D5600, now I can't decide which is chalk and which is the cheese......  😄

From my new D5600......

45831166394_cd493d48fb_b.jpg

From the Nikon P610.....

DSCN0331Small.jpg

Very nice start with your new toy WereBo - we get very little opportunity for night photography where we live, no lights like that!

Thank you Kobione, I'd be happy to swap residences if you like, I'd love to get away from here 😄

Smashing captures. 

You have a great view. All I have are flats which look directly into my living room. 😥

Edited by NannyFerret

Thank you NannyFerret  🙂

I have that too from t'other side of my flat.  It's also a 12-storey block which cuts all my afternoon sunshine in Spring/Summer/Autumn ☹

Edited by WereBo

You will be pleased with the 70-300, its a good lens, I have the 55-300 and that is quite good too. Good to see you back as well !