Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Lichens

JamesT

Closeish up shot of lichens on a small oak at Snelsmore Country Park, New Year's Day. About as close as I could get a controlled focus of the 135mm lens -- slightly under the 300mm max extension of the camera (the problem is that at 1:1 and closer for every mm closer you move the camera you need more than 1mm extra extension, and the focussing of the Intrepid isn't that smooth at extreme extensions). 

IMG_0007.thumb.jpg.3e191607e10a8e1726c40899e9d5469b.jpg

Detail (at the scan scale) 

IMG_0007d.thumb.jpg.da4bb515deee6a249da6ff7912a2d61a.jpg

1 hour ago, Ryewolf said:

It all sounds very complicated James, and it's always interesting to see your film images. Is this using the Intrepid 4x5inch large format camera?

Yes, it is with the Intrepid large format camera. It's a much more deliberate process than digital or even 35mm, though it isn't as complicated as it looks as if it will be. Macro is a little bit more tricky than landscapes and I'm still getting the hang of it.

For walks with photos I tend to stick to 35mm, and for wildlife digital is much easier, but when the main aim is photography then medium and large format comes to their own. The Intrepid is nice in that it's very light by LF standards so carrying it around the woods is actually lighter than the DSLR with the big birding lens.

19 minutes ago, JamesT said:

actually lighter than the DSLR with the big birding lens

I know what you mean the big Sigma 150-600mm I have is a fair ole weight and more once you add the camera as well.

I assume with these large format cameras it all done using tripods?

16 minutes ago, Ryewolf said:

I assume with these large format cameras it all done using tripods?

Normally yes. There are some folks who use press cameras hand-held. I use the same tripod for both but the tilt-pan head I use for LF is lighter than the gimbal for wildlife (I do sometimes use a monopod and rigid mount for wildlife -- it goes in phases; if I've been missing shots with one I'll try the other next time).

Archived