johntwo

So they do!

Well caught. John ... brilliant exposure .. love it John . 

Agreed that is brilliant. If you don't mind I may just pinch that idea for an up coming challenge I have elsewhere.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"   Charles Caleb Colton

Edited by sr1867

So what point would you focus on for a shot like that John, and would you use shutter priority ?

Thanks all for the comments. 

sjr, feel free.  Be aware though, it has had a fair bit of exposure around the B.P.E. and P.A.G.B. circuit.

Denis, this is quite an old shot and strangely, the metadata is sparce to say the least.  Almost certainly a WA shot and so DOF and therefore focus point wouldn't be a problem.  Today, I would definitely use shutter priority to avoid changes in the light (for instance, as the train passes) altering the shutter speed but I don't know if I was that thoughtful back then.  

Edited by johntwo

That’s a clever shot. It has motion, but a stillness as well. Well seen.

Great timed shot and well taken too John, love the colours.

Perfect catch John, the sign and the sky put it into perspective, well done!

By the way ...nice to see you  treading the boards here again Simon....long time no see! ...

BTW  I love  you avatar ...Simon says game ..(.it suddenly clicked I knew I had seen it somewhere .. i bought it two years ago for my  Grandson..)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Clicker said:

By the way ...nice to see you  treading the boards here again Simon....long time no see! ...

BTW  I love  you avatar ...Simon says game ..(.it suddenly clicked I knew I had seen it somewhere .. i bought it two years ago for my  Grandson..)

Thanks Clicker yes its been a while. I fell out with the internet last year not that it ruled my life but unfortunately you cant do so much without it so I am back now.

Nicely executed, John - I love that one!

Korky