FUJI

THE BLUE BERET

This lovely lady liked my compliment about her blue beret.

FUJI

BLUE BERET  colour.jpg

Another lovely character study.  Beautiful quality as well - new lens?

Another quality portrait Fooj ... looks like you really are getting to grips with your new lens ( I presume  this was taken using your latest acquisition too ... like the POTW ) 

Thank you !

Yes! I took the plunge and decided it was  time that I acquire some serious glass.....

Many of you know that one of my shooting pals is a Leica buff....he has one genuine Leica lens, his other two are Zeiss .... He happened to mention the Panasonic-Leica Summilux range ...but after looking at the new prices I decided they weren’t for me.

But!.....then my old head got to work....I have been saving for the new iPad Pro, so a bit of pocket money to hand....................so instead of an iPad I scoured eBay for the 15 -1.7 mm and 25 mm-1.4 Panasonic-Leica lenses. After losing out on two I began some very strategic bidding ....eventually getting both from different sellers for just over half price.

Already there has been a very noticeable jump in the quality of my work....both lenses work beautifully wide open as seen here....it’s just important to ensure focus on the eyes.

Waiting for the AF to lock can be a little frustrating now, after many months of going fully manual with the best if my vintage lenses....but once locked focus and colour/tonal range just cannot be faulted.

So much so that my Leica pal is threatening to sell all his gear 🤓

I much appreciate your interest.

A VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL 

FUJI 

Happy  Christmas morning to you  Fooj ... have you just put your red suit away after another hectic night shift?  You don’t fool me ... lol   I know  you’ve been sky racing all night with those pesky reindeer..... 🎅😂