Nikonmike

Couple from this morning

The BG in the first one is a bit busy for me mike.  I'm intrigued by the water droplets at the bottom.  Taken through a window?  The second shot is everything the first isn't.  Lovely work.

I love both of these....when I had my Sony gear, I used to spend hours getting BIF shots by our local pool, of the same species ....

But my eye/retinal problems leading to serious retinal surgery put paid to all of that....I do have  200mm lens for  my GX8 but birding doesn’t seem the same somehow, so I concentrate on my Street series.

I chose the Panasonic GX8 solely because of its excellent tilt-able viewfinder, a very real asset to a one-eyed old fogey, post surgery....thankfully, except for serious double vision both eyes now see well ....a prism in one lens prevents me from seeing two of everything.

I will be for ever grateful to my amazing NHS eye surgeon ....he performed miracles.

FUJI  

5 hours ago, johntwo said:

The BG in the first one is a bit busy for me mike.  I'm intrigued by the water droplets at the bottom.  Taken through a window?  The second shot is everything the first isn't.  Lovely work.

Thanks, the first is an environment shot with the houses in the background for another little project, I agree its far too busy for a bird study, the water droplets are the top of a fountain.

Edited by Nikonmike

17 minutes ago, FUJI said:

I love both of these....when I had my Sony gear, I used to spend hours getting BIF shots by our local pool, of the same species ....

But my eye/retinal problems leading to serious retinal surgery put paid to all of that....I do have  200mm lens for  my GX8 but birding doesn’t seem the same somehow, so I concentrate on my Street series.

I chose the Panasonic GX8 solely because of its excellent tilt-able viewfinder, a very real asset to a one-eyed old fogey, post surgery....thankfully, except for serious double vision both eyes now see well ....a prism in one lens prevents me from seeing two of everything.

I will be for ever grateful to my amazing NHS eye surgeon ....he performed miracles.

FUJI  

Thanks for the kind words, sorry to hear about your eye issues, mine is a mobility problem my walking is very limited now so my jaunts are with the aid of a mobility scooter.

I did have a GX8 it's a great camera, the only reason I parted with it was handling, I had a very stiff 100-400 and I found zooming it made me press buttons I didn't want to press

Agree with Johntwo  ... definitely the second image for me ....

• Thanks 1