FUJI

HOPE ITS NOT GIN

This very thirst lady was desperate for a drink...she lifted that large jar to her lips at least four  times a I approached.

I need to get pretty close with my 25 mm ( Nifty 50 on my camera )

FUJI

HOPE OTS NOT GIN   mono psd.jpg

• Like 1

Sadly I suspect it may be... and if it is it .... it does make me feel a bit uncomfortable   Fooj ... ... it’s a difficult one as one juggles with the honesty of capturing real life  with the risk of being accused of exploiting someone’s vulnerability... ... I know that is NOT your modus operandii ... but it could be misinterpreted by those who don’t know you .... despite being  a fan of your street work , can you see why it’s made me feel like that  ?

28 minutes ago, Clicker said:

Sadly I suspect it may be... and if it is it .... it does make me feel a bit uncomfortable   Fooj ... ... it’s a difficult one as one juggles with the honesty of capturing real life  with the risk of being accused of exploiting someone’s vulnerability... ... I know that is NOT your modus operandii ... but it could be misinterpreted by those who don’t know you .... despite being  a fan of your street work , can you see why it’s made me feel like that  ?

Thanks Polly,

I live in arelatively small town....street drinkers don’t exist here....I think this was a Chinese visitor enjoying water from her jar-like bottle....I can’t see anyone, even a hardened alcoholic gulping gin down like she gulped that water...

I do appreciate you feelings, and,as far as I know I have never exploited any of my Street subjects....’Tis against my code.

FUJI

Ah that makes a difference ... I appreciate your humour usually  but this time I wasn't sure  if you  were serious about the possibility that it was alchoholic... I usually find your captions revealing so maybe I just misinterpreted  this one by mistake ... I wonder if anyone else did ?.... Thanks  for the reassurance  though Fooj ...As I said  I  never have known you  to exploit your talents of catching candid  portraits   but I think the  caption maybe made it a little ambiguous ... Thanks  for  clearing that up...   😉

Good picture... perhaps a different title to avoid misinterpretation though?