Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

MICRO FOUR THIRDS See here

I'm not sure if any other TIPF members still own Micro-Four-Thirds camera's now ?..but if you do, this is for you.

You might know that as an avid Street Photographer, I have amassed a large collection of vintage M42 and M39 lenses, because I enjoy the challenge of going fully manual in all settings but focus-assist. During the last two weeks I was both surprised and delighted to learn of the Panasonic-Leica Summilux dedicated M4/3 Prime lense.

Expensive little beasts new, but a few are coming on to the second hand market,  now that many photographers are returning to Full-Frame mirror less cameras.

Imagine my delight in finding a 15 =35 mm and then a 25=50 mm at just over  half price on eBay....I did have some strategic bidding to do, that worked.

The results here, plus my close-up portrait of yesterday are all from the 25 mm or 50 mm on an M 4/3 camera.

All shot at just prior to 2:45 on a very dark winters day.

1-2 and 3 all shot at high iSO....the Gate post and portrait of yesterday shot wide open.

I am more than pleased, and cant wait for a bit of sunshine and decent light.

FUJI

CLEAN UP TIME mono .jpg

HIGH ISO   mono psd.jpg

KEEP ME POSTED   mono wide open.jpg

SATSUMAS  colour.jpg

i still shoot with micro four thirds kit, and still sell the odd image as well. i've now got a EM1 mk1 and mk2 with a pro lens on each one. the kit is still small enough to carry easily. Along with all my OM kit  i see no reason to change.  still love using my 50mm 1.4 on either EM1, as i like it as a 100mm 1.4. i find the old odd lens really suit the micro four thirds format, like the Jupiter 135mm F4. but i do fancy splashing out on a voigtlander nokton 25mm f 0.95 even know before hand that its a bit heavy on m4/3 system.

Thank you Paul......

That is an excellent shot.....getting a lit candle to look just right isn’t that easy.

I really love my M4/3 Kit because of its relatively small size, the incredible range of lenses, especially vintage ones, I can use.....the results pretty well match anything the Leica M10 with Summicron lenses, that one of my shooting pals uses.

My other shooting pal is an Olympus fan....he has at least four, ( 2 for infra-red) with huge selection of lenses and gear.....he has just invested in a brand new PEN-F ....

I prefer to travel light....rarely take out more than three lenses....never use a flash or auxiliary lights or other kit, whereas he has a ...Home-Studio.

I love being a member of my two forums too....the feedback received is very important to me.

6 hours ago, vanguard said:

Come Christmas Day I shall have a new shooting partner, as my daughter will have EM5 and a few kit lenses. It’ll be fun to teach her how to use a camera using manual. 

Have you tried any of the old leica lens on the Panasonic? 

I can’t afford old Leica M39 thread lenses they still cost the earth....but...there is a huge range of beautiful vintage Zeiss and Jupiter Leica copies from post-war Russia in both M39 and M42 all fit many cameras via appropriate adaptors from eBay.

My all time favourite vintage lens is my Gorlitz Optik Meyer Lydith 35 mm ....look out for these, they remain comparatively cheap...I got mine for circa £30.

Look back at my recent posts, pre my new recent lenses ....all were taken through it.unless otherwise stated.

Have Fun.

FUJI

Archived