Stravinsky

Back canal Birmingham

As opposed to back street ... these were taken between the Arena and Livery Street on one of the few occasions I've managed to get out and about recently 

Just putting the finishing touches to a book of images of Birmingham which will hopefully be published and go on Amazon in the next month 

bridge432A9660-as-Smart-Object-1.websitejpg.jpg

liverystreet432A9672-as-Smart-Object-1website.jpg

tunnel432A9666-as-Smart-Object-1website.jpg

• Like 4

A good set of night-time images, something that we don't get a lot of on the forum, I'm quite liking the last image a lot

• Like 1

I will echo that, wonderful set of images of places that only a local would really know about. I for one would buy your book!

• Like 1

Great series.  Out of interest, do you feel relatively safe taking shots like these.  In my locality (Preston) I would be very wary.

• Like 1

Out of necessity I've been out twice to areas I shouldn't really have been to on my own.  Other than that though, we go out in a group.  I used to run a FB group when we used to have 15 - 20 people, but these days I organise it with a few friends so at least there is strength in numbers.  When you are carrying thousands of pounds worth of equipment around, no where is a safe option on your own

38 minutes ago, Stravinsky said:

........................................................ no where is a safe option on your own

Sadly...

A really  super set Strav ... Rye is right though ...we don't get a great number. of night time images on here ...  I need to practise my night shooting more ... but I have that fear that inhibits me too regarding safety  .... as you say ... it can amount to thousands of pounds  you have  on your  person ... It certainly seems wise to  be part of a larger group ... and of course  that  stops  you going out spontaneously  as usually meetings need a little planning in advance ...

• Like 1

On 29/11/2018 at 01:03, Clicker said:

A really  super set Strav ... Rye is right though ...we don't get a great number. of night time images on here ...  I need to practise my night shooting more ... but I have that fear that inhibits me too regarding safety  .... as you say ... it can amount to thousands of pounds  you have  on your  person ... It certainly seems wise to  be part of a larger group ... and of course  that  stops  you going out spontaneously  as usually meetings need a little planning in advance ...

Thanks and sorry for the late reply, my photography has sort of come to a standstill due to ill relatives and I hardly get the chance to get on the computer, let alone take shots 😀 

Since I gave up my FB Photography group we now organise night shoots between a small group of us, always ensuring that there is strength in numbers.  No one gets left behind, so if someone is taking more time than others for a shot, we wait.  

A good idea to go out in groups at night.

I enjoy seeing your low light shots. Keep them coming.👍

• Thanks 1

Having another look  at these .... They are really  nice quality lowlight shots  as I said before ...  nice to have them bumped up  for more members to see now too ... Super stuff .

• Thanks 1

What happened to the book.  Is it now available?  What's it called?

59 minutes ago, johntwo said:

What happened to the book.  Is it now available?  What's it called?

It's been held up by the publisher.  It was due to be put together before Christmas but sadly he had to attend to a family matter and I'm now waiting for him to contact me.  Once done it will be on amazon, I'll let you know when it will be sorted, probably going to put the proceeds to a homeless charity in the city (thats if I sell some!!!!  😄)

Well dont forget to tell us when it gets published ....

A lovely local set Stravinsky, I really like the geometry of the bridge and reflection in #1.

That's another reason I swapped photo-clubs, this one (Beckenham Photographic Society) has a lot more organised evening shoots for it's members, the only 'down-side' is having to visit a pub after we've finished......

On 13/01/2019 at 17:10, Clicker said:

Well dont forget to tell us when it gets published ....

Have a meeting with the publisher on Friday, so shouldnt be too long now  🙂

11 hours ago, WereBo said:

A lovely local set Stravinsky, I really like the geometry of the bridge and reflection in #1.

That's another reason I swapped photo-clubs, this one (Beckenham Photographic Society) has a lot more organised evening shoots for it's members, the only 'down-side' is having to visit a pub after we've finished......

Thanks, yes its difficult finding groups that will actually organise walks.  Since I left the group on FB that I started they have organised one meet in 4 months!  I used to do at least two  a month