Stravinsky

Back canal Birmingham

As opposed to back street ... these were taken between the Arena and Livery Street on one of the few occasions I've managed to get out and about recently 

Just putting the finishing touches to a book of images of Birmingham which will hopefully be published and go on Amazon in the next month 

bridge432A9660-as-Smart-Object-1.websitejpg.jpg

liverystreet432A9672-as-Smart-Object-1website.jpg

tunnel432A9666-as-Smart-Object-1website.jpg

• Like 2

A good set of night-time images, something that we don't get a lot of on the forum, I'm quite liking the last image a lot

• Like 1

I will echo that, wonderful set of images of places that only a local would really know about. I for one would buy your book!

• Like 1

Great series.  Out of interest, do you feel relatively safe taking shots like these.  In my locality (Preston) I would be very wary.

• Like 1

Out of necessity I've been out twice to areas I shouldn't really have been to on my own.  Other than that though, we go out in a group.  I used to run a FB group when we used to have 15 - 20 people, but these days I organise it with a few friends so at least there is strength in numbers.  When you are carrying thousands of pounds worth of equipment around, no where is a safe option on your own

38 minutes ago, Stravinsky said:

........................................................ no where is a safe option on your own

Sadly...

A really  super set Strav ... Rye is right though ...we don't get a great number. of night time images on here ...  I need to practise my night shooting more ... but I have that fear that inhibits me too regarding safety  .... as you say ... it can amount to thousands of pounds  you have  on your  person ... It certainly seems wise to  be part of a larger group ... and of course  that  stops  you going out spontaneously  as usually meetings need a little planning in advance ...