Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Back canal Birmingham

Stravinsky

As opposed to back street ... these were taken between the Arena and Livery Street on one of the few occasions I've managed to get out and about recently 

Just putting the finishing touches to a book of images of Birmingham which will hopefully be published and go on Amazon in the next month 

bridge432A9660-as-Smart-Object-1.websitejpg.jpg

liverystreet432A9672-as-Smart-Object-1website.jpg

tunnel432A9666-as-Smart-Object-1website.jpg

Out of necessity I've been out twice to areas I shouldn't really have been to on my own.  Other than that though, we go out in a group.  I used to run a FB group when we used to have 15 - 20 people, but these days I organise it with a few friends so at least there is strength in numbers.  When you are carrying thousands of pounds worth of equipment around, no where is a safe option on your own

A really  super set Strav ... Rye is right though ...we don't get a great number. of night time images on here ...  I need to practise my night shooting more ... but I have that fear that inhibits me too regarding safety  .... as you say ... it can amount to thousands of pounds  you have  on your  person ... It certainly seems wise to  be part of a larger group ... and of course  that  stops  you going out spontaneously  as usually meetings need a little planning in advance ...

• 1 month later...
On 29/11/2018 at 01:03, Clicker said:

A really  super set Strav ... Rye is right though ...we don't get a great number. of night time images on here ...  I need to practise my night shooting more ... but I have that fear that inhibits me too regarding safety  .... as you say ... it can amount to thousands of pounds  you have  on your  person ... It certainly seems wise to  be part of a larger group ... and of course  that  stops  you going out spontaneously  as usually meetings need a little planning in advance ...

Thanks and sorry for the late reply, my photography has sort of come to a standstill due to ill relatives and I hardly get the chance to get on the computer, let alone take shots  

Since I gave up my FB Photography group we now organise night shoots between a small group of us, always ensuring that there is strength in numbers.  No one gets left behind, so if someone is taking more time than others for a shot, we wait.  

59 minutes ago, johntwo said:

What happened to the book.  Is it now available?  What's it called?

It's been held up by the publisher.  It was due to be put together before Christmas but sadly he had to attend to a family matter and I'm now waiting for him to contact me.  Once done it will be on amazon, I'll let you know when it will be sorted, probably going to put the proceeds to a homeless charity in the city (thats if I sell some!!!!  )

• 2 weeks later...

A lovely local set Stravinsky, I really like the geometry of the bridge and reflection in #1.

That's another reason I swapped photo-clubs, this one (Beckenham Photographic Society) has a lot more organised evening shoots for it's members, the only 'down-side' is having to visit a pub after we've finished......

11 hours ago, WereBo said:

A lovely local set Stravinsky, I really like the geometry of the bridge and reflection in #1.

That's another reason I swapped photo-clubs, this one (Beckenham Photographic Society) has a lot more organised evening shoots for it's members, the only 'down-side' is having to visit a pub after we've finished......

Thanks, yes its difficult finding groups that will actually organise walks.  Since I left the group on FB that I started they have organised one meet in 4 months!  I used to do at least two  a month

Archived