Stravinsky

After the Storm -Snaelfellsnes

Family matters keeping me away from the camera a lot, hence not managing to post I'm afraid

Took the time to process this shot from a visit to Iceland in the western area known as Snaefellsnes.  Had already processed a similar shot some time back, but felt I could try to do a little better

snaefellsnescrop432A2484-as-Smart-Object-1website.jpg

• Like 2

When you are touring around Iceland it does sometimes feel very lonely 🙂

Just love that.  Had the top of the mountain been visible it would have been even better but you can't have everything.  Lovely shot.

• Like 1

Great image and different to the usual Iceland images I see... there's also a Snaefell on the Isle of Man.....

• Like 1

Snaefellsnes is the large western peninsular you see when looking at a map of Iceland.  It's quite a large area, and not very populated.  When we hired the car we were issued with a telephone, satnav, and an emergency app for notifying the police if we got into difficulties.  What you see here is what we sometimes saw for hours on end, hardy seeing another person

1 hour ago, Stravinsky said:

What you see here is what we sometimes saw for hours on end, hardy seeing another person.

And that would honestly suit me down to the ground!

• Like 1

Wow ... that looks a great place  to take a camera ...I imagine fuel stops were planned well in advance !!

The rays  really focus the  eyes on the  composition .. very nice shot Strav ...

• Like 1

Thanks .... yes fuel was planned carefully.  I actually didnt actually see a garage when we were on Snaefellnes.  The quietest areas were in the north of the island.