Black Pearl

Black Friday Bargain

I've been looking at a 360 head for time lapse work but they're all a bit pricey for what will essentially be an occasional toy - so imagine my surprise when Manfrotto ran a short special price on their PIXI Pano360. Normally it goes for £130, cheapest I've seen it is £90 but for a few hours on Thursday it was listed at £19.95 and I managed to bag one.......Woo Hoo!!!!

It sits on a tripod and is controlled via a blue tooth remote or a phone via a dedicated app. A full 360 spin takes an hour so a sweep of the beach was about thirty minutes and a little over 800 photographs at 2 second intervals taken with my X100T

Pano360.jpg

While that was going on I had time to play with my X-T3 and catch the sunrise proper...

Marsden Wide.jpg

• Like 2

Wow that’s an impressive gadget. The sunrise image is what caught my eye though. Love the composition, colours, sky. 

• Like 1

Nifty bit of kit at a great price there Beepy ...  

The XT3  is showing off too. What a camera .... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CMunzel said:

Wow that’s an impressive gadget. The sunrise image is what caught my eye though. Love the composition, colours, sky. 

Cheers - there sunrise was fab and the sand has moved off the beach this last week so the rocks look good.

4 hours ago, Clicker said:

Nifty bit of kit at a great price there Beepy ...  

The XT3  is showing off too. What a camera .... 

Its an amazing camera, really enjoying it.

I haven't managed to get out much with it I have to admit with a few family matters  taking priorities lately but I have plans for an excursion to Austria for a week n the New Year ...  so hoping for mountainous snow covered Alps and some action  filled snowboarding / skiing shots  in mid air ...so need to get some practice in at  capturing that sort of stuff ... ...Any suggestions always welcome ....lol