Bill

Mallard Drakes.

Quack. 

my local res' 10 days ago and a 100-400 Fuji lens.

billa20181013474ps.thumb.jpg.1320ecca27a5961a86a0822ecd508d83.jpg

billa20181013270.thumb.jpg.519336c40e3dcef3a0cef69bfb0f91ac.jpg

• Like 1

Mallards are always worth a close look, as the play of the light on the feathers is remarkable.

• Like 1

Nicely done Bill.  Don't you just  love that lens.  These two show it off beautifully.   Love the colour and the subtle diagonals of the comp in each image are just right.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, johntwo said:

Nicely done Bill.  Don't you just  love that lens.  These two show it off beautifully.   Love the colour and the subtle diagonals of the comp in each image are just right.

It's a great lens and not too heavy for it's power. These were hand held while sitting down with the camera between my ankles so as to get as low viewpoint at possible.

Lovely detail there Bill ...I haven’t really been out wth the 100-400 mm lens yet  .. have you got the converter with  it ...?

1 hour ago, Clicker said:

Lovely detail there Bill ...I haven’t really been out wth the 100-400 mm lens yet  .. have you got the converter with  it ...?

As I am not a wildlifer I didn't see the need, the standard lens gives me an effective 600mm and I rarely need that much. Indeed out of a batch of 10 keepers from this shoot only two are at max zoom.

• Thanks 1

I have the converter Polly and rarely take it off.  Rational is that I do chase wildlife and that gives a continuous 55mm -560mm with the 55mm-200mm in the bag

• Thanks 1