Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

THE BLUES SINGER IS BACK

FUJI

The Singer of Blues is back in town, sporting a Hill-Billy beard beneath which he hides a smile for those who donate the odd change or get him a lunch.

He doesn't partake of tobacco or stronger stuff...he is a genuine old style ... Man of the Road...  A Have Guitar, must travel kinda guy....he has just returned from a walking tour of the West Country and then London....he doesn't like cities, much preferring smaller towns, like ours.

He plays and sings a mean  Blues in a distinctive country style...he looks and sounds perfectly at one with the world whilst performing.

I always ensure that he has had a coffee and sometimes a snack of some kind.....he was very grateful for the scarf and gloves I gave him last winter...he sleeps in a tent wherever he can find a safe place.

The hands close ups are for my project...

FUJI

BLUES HAND 2 mono r.jpg

BLUES HAND 1  mono psd.jpg

BLUES SINGER 2  mono  good.jpg

The hands are quite gritty but unlike one of your previous images in the series, I'm OK with that. The portrait is superb.  Good eye contact - pehaps a little lift of thr Shadows around the eyes and pulldown the BG highlight (Rhs)...... but quality work.

Thank you for you kind comments both.....I like gritty and the Film-Noir look .... I convert from colour using Silver Efex.....then  PS CS6  to adjust areas of tone in s targeted manner; and then move to sharpening as a final move. ..

I have fallen into the trap of lifting shadows around the eyes, only to be told that it looks unnatural.....I like to retain the ...Street-Portrait....look.....much more natural than a studio portrait or  one created using a flash or reflector..... I like to interact with my subjects whilst chatting to them, so trust  is built up and they relax a little.

Street Candids  are a different matter.....with them I just aim then shoot, hoping to catch the expression whilst not getting caught.....all good fun

my subject will receive an envelope of small prints to tuck into his bag if he returns tomorrow.

FUJI

Thank you Bill.....thank you all.....

He is still around, like he was this time last year.....I am slowly building up a little local support for him from Waitrose fir hot drinks and from one of our bakeries for end of day pasties or sandwiches etc.....most of my friends help him along the way too.

We do this, because he isn’t the usual beggar, addicted soul or hang-about.....he loves his guitar and the blues, so has tent and haversack ...will travel....quite a character.

FUJI

Archived