Craig

Dexter Revisited

Having been inspired by Polly's edit to the photo of Dexter....
I have decided to revisit another image I took today of him.

Thank you Polly for pointing me in the right direction, its been quite a while since I have had to sit down and do some edits to images.
Now having me Photography MoJo back, Thanks to Dexter, I am hoping to carry on heading in this direction.

I will (hopefully) over the weekend be doing a proper little photoshoot with a backdrop and studio lights.
This way I can eliminate the red and white carpet and set a better background.

Craig 
:)

Dexter.jpg

• Like 2

Good to hear you've got you're mojo back, I actually think this is a far better image, you got the eye level right.....

• Like 1

Thank you Rye,
Its all a matter of really getting back into the swing of things again, Keeping in mind the basics etc...
Thank you for your very kind comments. As always they are very much appreciated,
Craig

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Craig said:

Its all a matter of really getting back into the swing of things again,

It is and it's sometimes easy to forget those basics, especially if you've been away from photography for a while, which is why forums like this become really usefull....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryewolf said:

It is and it's sometimes easy to forget those basics, especially if you've been away from photography for a while, which is why forums like this become really usefull....

I couldn't agree more!

That  is a really lovely  image  I agree ...  Getting down to eyelevel nearly always  makes  for a better   portrait ... Nicely processed  and the blue  is a much less intrusive colour which actually  enhances Dexter's tones..  Nice  job ...and the composition is just loads better for me. All in all a super  image of a really cute  puppy .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clicker said:

Getting down to eyelevel nearly always  makes  for a better   portrait

I always try to do this with my cat when taking photos - though I have to say that photographing cats is an exercise in futility.... best avoided...

• Haha 2

Thank you Polly,
Thats very kind of you.
Your comments as always are very much appreciated. 
Craig