Ryewolf

The Duchess

LMS 6233 Duchess of Sutherland leaving Rawtenstall, I have to say I think this is one of the nicest looking steam engines I've seen for a while...

duchess-of-sutherland-6233-3737.jpg

• Like 1

Classic viewpoint Rye and a nice shot.  Like the way the signal provides a stop on the LHS.   Not sure about the white rolling stock on the right though.

6 hours ago, johntwo said:

Not sure about the white rolling stock on the right though.

Thanks John, no I didn't really like that but shots taken a few seconds before had some rather ugly modern buildings and anything after this meant I couldn't get the whole engine and tender in frame using the lens I had. One of the problems of shooting moving subjects is that you don't get long to photograph them.

Not a big problem Rye and you could equally see it as context. Maybe just tone it down a bit.

• Like 1

It’s  a superb looking engine though isn’t  it ...has to be my all time favourite ...  probably as I have the  Hornby  Double 00  version of it wrapped in an old issue of the Daily Sketch  circa 1959 in a case under a bed  !!

Thanks Clicker, it's one of the nicest engines I've seen for a while and there were a lot of people coming to see it.