colinb

Early Mornings

A couple of early mornings:

Light At The End of The Street1310775672_Corrralejow.jpg.a7431ee112fd91176829af50f11202a3.jpg

Another Day DawnsDawn.thumb.jpg.3ab0950dcd15645e1d492cb625aebed8.jpg

This shot was taken later in the week, whilst I managed to place the sun between the masts the cloud cover failed to appear.1127828962_DawnHarbour4.jpg.e88f151d7f7ac0cd0a804b9697d16b46.jpg

I arrived around 30 minutes earlier than the two top pictures to capture the street lights, just a pity about the lack of cloud cover.

351508934_Corrralejow2.jpg.38a38d3fd2efe3dfbdfa8d399932f464.jpg

• Like 3

What a super set Colin ... love the inclusion of the buildings in the first one to give real context ...but nice to see the second one  without them too .. that blue edge to the wharf/ dock slightly irritates ... I’d probably have used a desaturate brush along that to reduce the colour a bit ...  but tis a minor thing ... the composition is really nicely balanced .. nice work Mister ...   btw. I was in your neck of the woods on Tuesday at the new Bomber command centre ... impressive Spire ... 

• Like 1

What can I say Colin...?
SUPERB as always!

• Like 1

All good but prefer #2 , I quite like the blue edge, like a border between semi-natural and mans made.

A good set, Colin - #2 is my favourite.

Thank you All for the comments :27_sunglasses:

Polly I don't disagree with you about the blue edge, it is part of the island 'colouring' but maybe in the second picture it could do with toning down a little.

Where it sits next to the blue water  in  pic 4  it doesn't seem to jar  much ... it all but disappears ....it's  maybe  emphasised a bit more in the second image  because  it's the only place that that colour appears in the whole image ... Yeah I understand  that there is a blue edge  to show  folk where the  edge is from a safety POV... and I respect that you don't usually like to manipulate  some aspects  of what the camera sees ...  its such a lovely serene image I confess I would not have been able to resist  taking some colour out of  that line....lol  ...As I said  though , ... a really super set ..