Hi, have just found this forum and joined straight away. Looks very helpful. Just back from safari in and caught this magnificent creature on the banks of the Zambezi. Hope to post some more. 

B9A09837-8878-48AD-AE96-6735D27E5CC1.jpeg

Here’s another from Chobe National Park,Botswana. 

8C22F2F1-F4DC-4968-A0A6-D23F97199F62.jpeg

• Like 4

Hello and welcome to the forum, I do like #2 for a start!, its the almost serene expression on the animals face that makes the picture.

I agree with Denis, the second shot works best - I love the animal's expression.

Please be sure to drop in at the Welcome Centre to say hello, we're a bunch of right nosey sods and we'd love to know a bit about you.

It's my guess your name will be shortened to Mac with little delay - shout out if that's a problem.

Korky

Hi'ya, number two for me too, but nice to see both. 

Do as Korky suggested and say hello in the Welcome Centre and tell us a little bit more about yourself. 

Hi, Mac, a very warm welcome to the TIPF community, I very much look forward to seeing more of your photographs.

FUJI

Always nice to see animals in their natural environment, I wonder if the processing could be improved to make the animals a little less dark...???

Hi, thanks Ryewolf for the comment on the light. I have lightened it slightly as it was a late afternoon game drive.  I generally don’t like to edit too much . I feel the work should mainly be done with the camera and portray the image as it was naturally. Having said that being lighter would possibly make it sharper but I like the moodiness of it. 

2 more from Africa. Alternative view of an Ostrich and an African Skimmer. 

Will try again. 2 more from safari. Alternative view of an Ostrich and an African Skimmer  .

485A7F94-4E2B-4947-9700-0356CCF7F437.thumb.jpeg.699391a4e03944d6842ab64ee3a1b00f.jpeg731E1BB0-6D70-4E8C-8D8D-E2BA224D5BC9.thumb.jpeg.8eae23ebbe939ecb31ee7fc6061fff83.jpeg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MacRowe said:

as it was a late afternoon game drive

Obviously I understand that shooting in the wild you have no control over were or when animals might appear....

I do like the Ostrich shot....

Love that ostrich shot Mac ... looks very haughty from that viewpoint .....  and it looks a well timed shot to catch the skimmer at the moment he touched the water . Lucky you going on Safari...