Korky

A wee drop o' the wet stuff...

One way or another there's been a lot of water in Scotland over the last week or so. I thought I'd photograph some of it.

Korky

Babble

Babble.jpg

Tumble

Tumble.jpg

Rush

Rush.jpg

Drop

Drop.jpg

Crash

Crash.jpg

• Like 3

A nice set of water images, I prefer the last two.

Like them all but three floats my boat..if you get my drift!

Very nice set - lots of milky water!

I'm a big fan of "milky" water shots.  "Tumble" & "Rush" are my favourites.

I’m not the biggest fan of milky water ... but in the right composition I  can see it’s attributes ...   I really like the first one in this set  and the  third one is a lovely composition ... so it’s babble and rush  for me ..... sounds like the story of my life 😂😂

• Haha 1

im the same, im not a fan of milky water shots. but these i like. number 4 my favorite and love the sense of motion.

Thanks everyone!

I know the milky water is a little bit Marmite, but personally I like it. I always try for a shutter speed of around 1/10th of a second to get movement in the water, but not get that dreamy feel that makes you think there's a unicorn just about to enter from the trees on the left.

My favourite is number 4, I love the texture in the rocks, and the colour and sense of movement in the water. It's Nevis Water, btw, and was taken at the end of a short walk in Glen Nevis last week.

Thanks again for the comments.

Korky

I've no fixed ideas about milky water.  I've looked at these a lot and come to the conclusion that I likem the all except the first.  I don't dislike the first but the movement in the water has made the highlights look more like electric current flowing through the tumult and it seems a bit strange.  I would live with all of them though.

Edited by johntwo

2 hours ago, johntwo said:

the highlights look more like electric current flowing through the tumult and it seems a bit strange

You're right, it does. I hadn't noticed that.

Thanks for the comment, appreciated.

Korky