Clicker

Sunset surf and solitude...

This is one from a folder of 300 from 2016 I somehow had misfiled completely 

Well thank goodness you found it eventually Polly ... superb :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

That works really well - I just love all the horizontal lines that run from bottom to top. Or is it top to bottom?

And with an alliterative title an' all it's got the lot!

Korky

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Colin .. appreciate your comment... having a bit of a clear out is a bit like going on a mystery tour at the moment.... :lol:

Hi Korks ...  yup ... horizontal lines were the deciding factor in catching this image though part  of me ( a teenyweeny part )  was a bit irritated by the slight upward rise of the golden bit of sky... seemed to be beckoning me  to alter it and  then I thought .... No ... you’re getting as bad as that a  Lancastrian lord  lad  with his dobbing things out ......:whistle:

Seriously  though... appreciate your appreciation of the reason I tried to catch the multiple  horizon effect ... 

• Like 1

Without the figure this would not have been as effective.  Beautiful colours and it's a well seen image.

Very nice!, I also like the multiples, strange how we overlook stuff, when I retire I might well go through all of my images to see if i have another decent one hiding!

It wasn't just one image I found Denis, it was the whole folder of 300 or more .... Somehow it had become a subfolder inside a completely unrelated folder that I hadn't opened since a day or so after i'd uploaded them from the camera  in 2016 !!!

• Haha 1

Might explain where a lot of mine have disappeared to :)

• Haha 1

Easily done if you are in a hurry and don't check immediately after the sd card has been emptied.. It's usually because you are in a rush to get the card back in the camera to go on a shoot ...
:lol:

i find it a very calming image, i'm glad you didnt bin it.

• Thanks 1

I nice image Clicker.... I must admit I have every single image I've taken since July 2014, which might not seem a lot but during 2016-2017 I probably took around 70,000+ when I was doing the OADED

• Like 1

Well  I am culling my archives Rye as it's getting ridiculous how many images I have on  three computers and endless additional storage drives...plus extra icloud that i pay for  ....Its a long job ....grrrr

Thanks Van.... I wish it was doing the same for me ...lol

Really like this one Polly for the reasons already mentioned - the lines of the waves, the clouds, the light and the figure just makes it! Very nice image!!

Yes... that one's a winner.  Glad you found it!

Thanks Gareth ....It must have been a good day as there are a number of keepers I have since found in that file ... Pendine is where The Museum of Speed is that houses the car Babs, the land speed record motor in which J G Parry-Thomas was killed in 1927. The Car had been buried on the beach and was excavated in 1969 and after it was restored was put on display in 1996 in the purpose built museum ...  fascinating to see and worth the visit. 

I think I've been there as a child... many years ago, obviously!  (Family holiday to Saundersfoot- late 1960s or very early 1970s.)

I used to have a glass container with different colour sands arranged to make patterns, that I think came from there.  

It’s a fabulous beach there ... we spend a lot of time in Wales... it’s a great place for photography  and driving .. love the roads ... so accommodates my two fave pastimes !:thumbsup: