Sign in to follow this  
FUJI

TUNEFUL FINGERS

Our local bookshop has placed a rather battered piano outside its door, as part of an Arts Festival...a lady was playing it this morning....quite a change from the usual Accordion, guitar or Saxophone.

The pianist wa quite happy for me to shoot this for my ongoing...HANDS...project.

FUJI

TINKLING THE IVORIES 2  mono .jpg

• Like 1

I'm really liking this theme you've started.

Nice idea Fuji and I like the composition but for me, the finish is just a tad too sooty.

Another good one from your series. I wish that I had the imagination to take this type of shot.

1 hour ago, Monomania said:

Another good one from your series. I wish that I had the imagination to take this type of shot.

Hi Monomania,

I can fully understand where you are coming from here, because I have been there all too often.....those feelings of....."I can’t "....." I don’t know how. " etc.....they bug you ..

Could I suggest that you restrict your lens  to a single 50 mm  (SLR) or a 30 mm M/4/3 camera preferably a vintage fully manual one, that forces you to slow down.

Then practice getting in close to whatever stationary  subject you are interested in....compose in the viewfinder or lcd screen before pressing the shutter....

To help me I study avidly the past work of other photographers, famous or not....I use YouTube on my iPad, to soak up inspiration and method.

Forget....the technical side of photography....just go with your creative/artistic side.....

It works.....honestly.

FUJI

Enjoying your 'hands' series very much - I agree with John on this one, nice composition that's let down a little by the processing. If the hands weren't quite so gritty it'd work better.

Korky