Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Canal Boats

Ryewolf

2 minutes ago, Clicker said:

Are you pleased with the new addition then ?

So far yes, don't get me wrong the Canon 24-105mm f4 L is a belter of a lens, but the Tokina 11-20mm f2.8 is great for scenes where I'd normally lose quite a lot in the frame, well worth the £340 I paid for it.

7 minutes ago, Denis said:

and the canals are particulary pleasing oop north th'a knows :)  Especially sharp when you click on it, love these lenses

Thanks Denis, I'm glad you introduced me to yours on the Grand Tour. I thought I had all the lenses I needed, but now I'm starting to realise that I was missing an awful lot of shots purely because I didn't have that wide angle the 11-20mm provides.....

I'm thinking Skipton should be part of the 2019 Grand Tour.....

1 minute ago, Denis said:

Skipton ..I'm all for that..

There's also a castle here as well, not just a ruin, but still fully roofed and walled. It's one of a very few few in the area that wasn't 'slighted' during the civil war...

There's a wool festival on at the moment Skipton every September and my  son's partner was there this weekend ...They call it  Yarndale  I think,  promoting and selling  lots of wool for crafts etc , I nearly went with her to do some photography whilst she was shopping...

I know what you mean Rye ... I didn't realise how much I  would use my 10-24mm. Fuji until I bought it...yours looks nice and sharp too.

8 minutes ago, Clicker said:

I know what you mean Rye ... I didn't realise how much I  would use my 10-24mm. Fuji until I bought it...yours looks nice and sharp too.

I didn't realise what I was missing till Denis introduced me to his Tokina 11-16mm f2.8... One of the great things about meeting up with other photographers, is not just showing them around your local patch (you always know your local area quite well and places to photograph), but just swapping ideas, seeing different lenses and how everyone views the same places completely different.

Archived