JamesT

Greylags in flight

Greylag geese in flight at RSPB Otmoor.

IMG_7172.thumb.jpg.7eb85528df4c0a28e1b7491cedc62842.jpgIMG_7176.thumb.jpg.e40bce174f2bbe08fce76ab165cf18eb.jpgIMG_7189.thumb.jpg.4cd12855dcfee76427f3c8bd01a8ab1f.jpg

• Like 1

I really like that first image, it really reminded me of Eadweard Muybridge images The Horse in Motion, taken June 15, 1878. (In fact I'd be really tempted to clone/crop out the trees at the bottom, the half goose on the left and move the goose underneath on the right to the front.)

I agree with Rye about the first one - the half-goose on the left and the treetops at the bottom are distractions and can easily be cropped.  It would then be the best shot of the three.

#3 is also good.  #2 is a bit too "crowded" for my taste though.

I love that first one especially James....Agree with all of the above  .... it really does look like that study of of a horse in motion ... 'cept of course it would be  a goose in ( flight)  motion...I have taken the liberty of  editing it in photoshop  to remove the last goose and the treetops James and cropping it to a 16:9 ratio as I think its a cracking image . I hope you don't mind  and of course if you prefer that I remove it just  send me a message and I'll oblige..
:) Polly

2132795156_jamesgeese.jpg.04b2917cb18ad1fae238ff84810f2405.jpg

Thanks everyone.

Having seen the results I do agree about the crop for the first image. 

My favourite was the final one,  mainly because there the geese are in context.

I love to see these geese in flight & appreciate that you have captured their striking markings. I like Pollys crop and modifications. 

Its a fab capture isn't it Cheryl ....all I  did was remove the last goose with content aware tool in Photoshop, crop with a wide angle ratio and  stick a dropped shadow around it ... James has done all the hard work capturing them ..:)

It is a fab capture, indeed, of a beautiful sight.