Clicker

Snowdonia National Park.... 3

The monolithic drama of Snowdonia.....it does appear quite sinister in this light ..The big peak is veiled in the  heavy cloud ... hiding in the darkness ...
:phew:

58138274_DSCF8191ed2sbw.thumb.jpg.85a51971115463a003420473b2a699ab.jpg

• Like 1

Very dramatic - is it Wales or is it Mordor?

Yeah I half expected Golum or some Ringwraiths to appear...I swear a lot of the Welsh names were what inspired Tolkien's names for Middle Earth places...I mean, we stayed at a hotel in Dolbrodmaeth... has to be a place Frodo has visited ....lol

Ooh I like that Clicks .  Nice bit of selective light makes this. (kill the halo on the ridge top though.)

Edited by johntwo
  • Like 1

I love it, Clicker: a moody and dramatic landscape.

Oooh thanks folks ... hey  John... that should teach me not to process using my little laptop... thanks for pointing out the halo......I'll have a go at removing it ... I haven't changed the original as it makes the rest of the  thread make  no sense....

833138089_DSCF8191ed6sbw.thumb.jpg.bddde64fb29bfb066a7165cfab940e8b.jpg

Hmm... I think I have lost some definition in the rocks....as a result...
😕

Do you know about using layers to clone out halos?

John there are two or three ways i do that  using layers and masking layers,  using the contract option under modify or the smudge option  but i was a bit lazy and went back to the RAW filter and adjusted the clarity slider that had caused it in the first  place .... What I love about PHOTOSHOP is the  million and one ways there are to skin a cat ....Thanks  though ...Now I feel guilty for not spending time doing it properly so ...I have it  done properly now......it looks better I think..
:lol:

671519269_DSCF8191ed2ssbw.thumb.jpg.de2ce7ee5838f79f2ed3ec0fd1aaaa99.jpg

I wasn't making a comment on your efforts merely the fact that you thought you might have softened the outline.  Try copying the image, set the blending mode to darken, select the clone tool, set the source point on the lighter side of the halo as close as you can to it and then clone over it.  You can be quite coarse because the clone tool will have no effect on the darker hues but will fill in the halo with the adjacent lighter hues.  Works in colour or mono.

Appreciate  that John ....now I have yet another way to get rid of the halo ...:lol:   not that I am that  angelic ...:angel: I took the lazy way out just moving the clarity slider as that is the usual cause of the halos in my experience  but when I posted  it  i could see that it had softened the edges . I have to admit if I'm working on small  laptop screen and not my big   iMac  screen it's not always  that noticeable ...  I should know better really.. I'll go and sit on the naughty step  ... and promise  to be more diligent in future ... :whistle:

Oh Yes !

An....Ansel Adams...in the making Polly......love it !

FUJI

Edited by FUJI

6 hours ago, Clicker said:

Appreciate  that John ....now I have yet another way to get rid of the halo ...:lol:   not that I am that  angelic ...:angel: I took the lazy way out just moving the clarity slider as that is the usual cause of the halos in my experience  but when I posted  it  i could see that it had softened the edges . I have to admit if I'm working on small  laptop screen and not my big   ac screen it's not always  that noticeable ...  I should know better really.. I'll go and sit on the naughty step  ... and promise  to be more diligent in future ... :whistle:

It's particularly useful where you need to PP a sky selectively and it leaves an edge on the horizon or where there is say, a leafless tree with the sky in the background and where you can't individually select all of the bits of sky showing through.

I can see that would be very handy for dealing with  trees as  you say ... had to laugh ... the predictive text on iPad just changed trees to Theresa !!