Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Snowdonia National Park.... 3

Clicker

Yeah I half expected Golum or some Ringwraiths to appear...I swear a lot of the Welsh names were what inspired Tolkien's names for Middle Earth places...I mean, we stayed at a hotel in Dolbrodmaeth... has to be a place Frodo has visited ....lol

Oooh thanks folks ... hey  John... that should teach me not to process using my little laptop... thanks for pointing out the halo......I'll have a go at removing it ... I haven't changed the original as it makes the rest of the  thread make  no sense....

833138089_DSCF8191ed6sbw.thumb.jpg.bddde64fb29bfb066a7165cfab940e8b.jpg

Hmm... I think I have lost some definition in the rocks....as a result...
<sodemoji.1f615></sodemoji.1f615>

John there are two or three ways i do that  using layers and masking layers,  using the contract option under modify or the smudge option  but i was a bit lazy and went back to the RAW filter and adjusted the clarity slider that had caused it in the first  place .... What I love about PHOTOSHOP is the  million and one ways there are to skin a cat ....Thanks  though ...Now I feel guilty for not spending time doing it properly so ...I have it  done properly now......it looks better I think..
:lol:

671519269_DSCF8191ed2ssbw.thumb.jpg.de2ce7ee5838f79f2ed3ec0fd1aaaa99.jpg

I wasn't making a comment on your efforts merely the fact that you thought you might have softened the outline.  Try copying the image, set the blending mode to darken, select the clone tool, set the source point on the lighter side of the halo as close as you can to it and then clone over it.  You can be quite coarse because the clone tool will have no effect on the darker hues but will fill in the halo with the adjacent lighter hues.  Works in colour or mono.

Appreciate  that John ....now I have yet another way to get rid of the halo ...:lol:   not that I am that  angelic ...:angel: I took the lazy way out just moving the clarity slider as that is the usual cause of the halos in my experience  but when I posted  it  i could see that it had softened the edges . I have to admit if I'm working on small  laptop screen and not my big   iMac  screen it's not always  that noticeable ...  I should know better really.. I'll go and sit on the naughty step  ... and promise  to be more diligent in future ... :whistle:

6 hours ago, Clicker said:

Appreciate  that John ....now I have yet another way to get rid of the halo ...:lol:   not that I am that  angelic ...:angel: I took the lazy way out just moving the clarity slider as that is the usual cause of the halos in my experience  but when I posted  it  i could see that it had softened the edges . I have to admit if I'm working on small  laptop screen and not my big   ac screen it's not always  that noticeable ...  I should know better really.. I'll go and sit on the naughty step  ... and promise  to be more diligent in future ... :whistle:

It's particularly useful where you need to PP a sky selectively and it leaves an edge on the horizon or where there is say, a leafless tree with the sky in the background and where you can't individually select all of the bits of sky showing through.

Archived