Clicker

Just in the frame ....

Test run  for new camera and lens .... just to check it actually works ....
:lol:

Best viewed in the largest version ...

1540767736_new400lensnxt3ed2s.thumb.jpg.6c24b1fca58d3ea6203d7e4c2f368cc3.jpg

• Like 1

I love the imaginative framing and the OOF background, but I feel the leaves around the edge are a bit intrusive and they play havoc with my brainwaves. Would they remove easily with the patch tool I wonder!

Looks like you're going to enjoy the new kit.

Korky

Can't make up my mind on this one Clicks.  I like the way you have caught he bird looking into the frame.  I see the idea of the leaves creating a stop on the RHS but they are not really very attractive.  Don't think you need the leaf dangling from the top though.

Agree with all the above ... but this was just the first pic test run to check the camera worked .... I was stood on my doorstep as  there were heavy showers all day. Hopefully I can get out tomorrow ... the forecast is better .😉

Isn't that itch terrible when you're dying to get out to try a new toy and the conditions aren't right?

• Haha 1

I'm a patient kind of person though John ...I have lots to do in the garden this week so I'll get that out the way first  so i can enjoy a full day with the lens and camera later in the week....meanwhile I've used the content aware  tool to  get rid of the foliage and maintain a similar crop ....and tried a square one too ...  Just  for you and Korks ....
😉

new 400 lens n xt3 ed4s.jpg

..and a square crop ...

1853898294_new400lensnxt3ed2m.thumb.jpg.6bf7d14dd5b5db693192b4ef3bd13ecc.jpg.

Square crop for me - just seems to work better somehow. And now it's proper negative space without interruptions.

Korky

Yeah. It’s a better balance in the square innit ...   I do love negative  space when it’s possible... ... ...