Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

WATER WATER EVERYWHERE

FUJI

This video isn’t mine.....but now I have the better camera in my iPhone, I will post one like it when the Ford floods again.

The Ford is literally 3 minutes from our house, which  is just around an acute bend; it floods around five times a year after torrential rain and storms...large pipes underneath the road keep it tamed for most of the year.....before they were installed the Ford was nearly always up, but traffic was much lighter then.

This video shows the Ford at an average depth, at its worst even the biggest trucks give it a miss....almost every time it does flood some numbskull will ruin his engine and vehicle by attempting the impassible.

There are other...Kenilworth Ford in flood videos on YouTube....some showing it at its worst....when even the footbridge That you see folks standing on in this I’d deep under water....

The Ford has been a local attraction for centuries.....a bit like our own....Blackpool Tower..?

FUJI

I can see justification in the HGV and 4X4 still using the road, even the few clued up  car drivers who keep the speed right, create a nice bow wave so that the water does not enter the engine compartment (an off road trick I learned years ago when fording small rivers in one of my Land Rovers) But the muppet of the day award goes to the heating engineer in his van, what a complete moron!

I can honestly say that  so called tradesmen.. builders, service engineers, scaffolders, plasterers, carpenters ect, are without doubt the worst behaved and arrogant drivers on our roads. They might be able to create nice things, but driving skills are not even on the list!

Every 5 or 6 years the road 400 yards from my house floods, there's a river that goes underneath the road. The culvert is around 12-15ft deep so we need an awful lot of rain to make it flood, what can make it worse is the water running from the drainage ditches on the old railway line. Because the road is in a dip it does mean you can get anywhere between 3ft and 5ft of water....

This was from last year... mind you, 2 enterprising young lads were charging £5 each to push cars out of the water...

flood-0363.jpg