Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Wild Things...

Korky

I don't often post images like this on TIPF, but this one's done quite well on Flickr so I thought I'd give it an airing here.

My original image of foxgloves blended with a couple of textures, some brush work and a fair-sized dollop of trial and error.

Korky

Wild Things

Wild Things.jpg

That's my cuppa so to speak Korks ...as you no doubt  guessed ... I DO like that ... the only thing  I 'd change is that  inner white border... I would dispense with that  but that's just my opinion .. I do think there is room on here for  this  type of  work ... especially as it is just one forum/board  for digital  manipulation etc  amongst numerous  others on here  that are aimed at accommodating  just photography . 

I like this piece, Korky:  especially the rich colours and the BG complexity that you’ve achieved with textures.

The composition is interesting. You could have been more traditional with a long flower shape like the foxglove and used a portrait format. Maybe an improvement or maybe less interesting. 

Thanks for the comments everyone - always nice to get the praise, but you've given me a few things to think about as well. Good stuff!

I find myself drawn to this kind of work more and more - even to the level where, before pressing the shutter, I'm thinking of how the photograph might be manipulated.

Thanks again!

Korky

17 minutes ago, Korky said:

I'm thinking of how the photograph might be manipulated.

Thanks again!

Korky

That’s how  I feel too a lot of the time Korks ..... it is nice that there’s space on here to  enable some of us to indulge in this aspect  of photography .    Btw. I really like the space to the right where one has to look  for almost hidden detail ....      ?

Pure creative art Korky, amazing work and worthy of  any platform, and the  plus is, as you say, you are finding pleasure and artistic satisfaction in your work,  after all is this not we all strive to achieve? and if others like what you do that's a bonus.

Geoff

Archived