Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Water & P30

JamesT

A few shots from my last roll of Ferrania P30 pulled 2/3 stop. All done with minimal post processing  beyond what the scanner puts into its raw files -- basically a tone curve adjustment to darken the mid tones a bit and resizing.

Bridge 92 on the Kennet & Avon canal:

IMG_0010.jpg.f6dbc09d81ebcc980fe80b4c207c740e.jpg

A mill stream near Benson Lock on the Thames

IMG_0023-1.jpg.997ae19d3cfb37da2fac05884aad31bb.jpg

And a rather unstable-looking way to travel on the river:

IMG_0032.jpg.b65e0ddf28ef2f5e7fa422953ab66105.jpg

I think I'm getting the hang of P30 now -- so I really hope they do get production going properly this autumn, including 120 (and maybe even large format). I definitely prefer the results shot at 50 rather than the box speed of 80 where it's almost impossible to control the contrast, even at 50 I have to use multi-exposure in the scanner to cover the density range on the film.

Great stuff James.....good to see someone still using film.....I could never afford it, or the processing, so didn’t take photography seriously until the early Digital Age. Then I waded in with a cheap Chinese Digital Bridge camera and struggled to get to grips with COREL SUITE COLOUR/DRAW.....I became pretty slick using that for my business and my photography eventually.

I like all of these, with the second being my favourite....I keep on wanting to add a little more contrast though.....might just be my iPad-pro screen though.

FUJI

Thanks Clicker & Fuji. 

I don't think there's much  room for more contrast, there are already absolute blacks & whites in the images so I think that the shadows in the foliage and the ripples on the bright water would be lost with any increase.

This film has something of a reputation for being contrasty and hard to control (especially when compared with the soft grey tones of my usual go-to film FP4+), but when exposed and processed right the results are superb. It was originally a black and white movie stock favoured by (inter alia) Federico Fellini.

Archived