People waiting together, each in a world of his or her own.

A very heavy crop at ISO 1000 hence a lot of noise but I grabbed the shot rather than trying to get closer and missing it.

1387051441_PhoneAlone.jpg.b29044a60f43f9325f4d590230bb8687.jpg

• Like 3

It's a sight that's all too common nowadays, even when people are obviously out with each other they all seem glued to their phones.

• Like 1

Brilliantly observed and sadly in the world  that is almost  governed by electronic communication and surveillance, it appears that people are gradually losing the ability to use the basic mode of communication with each other just using  eye contact and speech  without the aid of a phone ...  this picture is quite a sad indictment of our “progress “ in the art of communication . 

• Like 2

I agree with Clicks - brilliantly observed.

Korky

Thanks all for the comments.  I quite enjoy a wander around the local railway station and having seen my wife off I hung around for a while.  It usually affords the odd opportunity.

On 09/08/2018 at 19:23, Clicker said:

Brilliantly observed and sadly in the world  that is almost  governed by electronic communication and surveillance, it appears that people are gradually losing the ability to use the basic mode of communication with each other just using  eye contact and speech  without the aid of a phone ...  this picture is quite a sad indictment of our “progress “ in the art of communication . 

I sent an email at work today... to the guy who sits next to me.  And he replied, by email.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I detest phones, but after the heart attack the kids got me one so they could keep in touch easier. Then a facebook account started, I now post the location of where I am every night if I'm away, I think its in case I pop me clogs in the truck overnight so they know  the last place I was parked !

I suppose it makes it easier to find me if all went wrong. But one thing I have noticed is that the damn things do suck you in, and I find myself looking at it far more than I ever anticipated.

Thanks for commenting Denis.  You might find an app called Strava of some interest.  It is for Sportsmen, for instance our eldest who is a keen cyclist uses it.  It uses your smart phone GPS to place your position on a google map for your nominated contacts.  We could keep track of our eldest even when we were in Portugal.

Edited by John2