Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The Grand Tour

Ryewolf

The Grand Tour

I met up with Denis this weekend, as I'd mentioned the Historic Commercial Vehicle Society Trans-Pennine Run from Manchester to Harrogate was on, and knowing he liked old trucks, I though this might be something he'd enjoy. As it's a 200ish mile round trip for Denis I suggested he come up on Saturday and I would take him on a Grand Tour around Lancashire and Yorkshire on the Saturday and we'd go to Hebden Bridge on the Sunday.

If you don't know Denis is a truck driver so he's probably been to more places in the UK than most, but as he told me most end up at industrial estates, so he hadn't actualy seen much of the area or contryside.

The plan was for him to drive up to Halifax, were we would stop on Saturday night, and I would do drive him from Halifax to Haworth, Haworth to Wycoller, Wycoller to Todmorden, Todmorden to Hebden Bridge and then back to Halifax during the day.

I think he enjoyed being driven around almost as much as the scenery we saw. On the Sunday we would then go from Halifax to Hebden Bridge to watch the trucks passing through and watch the cars arriving for the vintage car rally at Hebden.

Our first stop Haworth - the Main Street and watching a steam train leaving Haworth for Oxenhope

grand-tour-haworth-1623.jpg

grand-tour-haworth-1664.jpg

The next stop was on the road to Wycoller to view the Atom Panopticon and Vaccary Stones

grand-tour-wycoller-1714.jpg

grand-tour-wycoller-1708.jpg

And then to Wycoller itself and Wycoller Hall

grand-tour-wycoller-1740.jpg

Next stop was Todmorden

Water St

grand-tour--todmorden-1768.jpg

And the Town Hall and Church

grand-tour-todmorden-1781.jpg

Our last stop was Hebden Bridge...

grand-tour-hebden-1793.jpg

grand-tour-hebden-1820.jpg

It was really great to have Denis along as all this was new to him and he hadn't photographed it umpteen times before, unlike me, so it made me look again at something that was very familiar and try and see it with a different view.

And thanks very much for the invite up Geoff ! I can honestly say that I have had an absolutely brilliant weekend, My Chauffeured ride was impeccable , as was the company and the scenery.The downside was the drive home...took me nigh on 5 and a half hours back this evening, but nothing unusual about the British road network there though!

My images will probably mirror Geoff's, in content and I have uploaded them to the computer to go through, The one thing I will start with is the contrast in landscapes between my neck of the woods and Lanc's/Yorks. The first was taken on the road to Wycoller, the second was taken on the way home tonight just before I entered Essex from Cambridgeshire.

1497883974_Moors(1024x657).jpg.3e541bf324a7621962f83ebecdc2ca66.jpg

404008765_UnderEastAnglianSkies(1024x455).jpg.703061b5c7c73197c1e64c1fd4c17358.jpg

The main reason for going was the trucks, I was not disappointed.  290 BHP Volvo F88, almost identical to the first one I drove for a local firm in 1980.....

512191887_VolvoF88(1024x683).jpg.795a0e33bedf854d5a115d584c0365ab.jpg

Wycoller, what can I say, ruins, and bridges, boulder strewn river beds, what a charming beautiful almost magical place....

1740893698_Neolithicbridge(1024x683).jpg.435df3668f0ce492683fe742c0ff99d5.jpg

And Haworth, , sorry Geoff, same shot almost :)

393024406_Haworthst(1024x683).jpg.466f22cbb55f05f54dcf14479c63accb.jpg

1878987392_Haworth(1024x624).jpg.f12ed38cc83d019337787352bfb2c2aa.jpg

Thanks again :)

Absolutely fabulous diary of  places you  showed our Denis  over the weekend Rye.  A stunning set   of photos showcasing the area  that you are so familiar with ... I just  love them all but the Atom Panopticon  is   my fave ....

Oooops just crossed in the post Denis ... Looks Like you had a fabulous time  and the photos are  really  super too ... The Neolithic stone bridge is stunning ....  looks like a  real successful trip ...well done the pair of you ...

You pair enjoyed a WOW of a day together, I admire both your stamina’s .....good photo sets....amazing contrast betweeen the flatness of Essex and the ups  and downs of Lancashire and Yorkshire.

perhaps its a little cooler up your way Geoff, here in the middle of the country the heat is debilitating.

currently I am rising at 05:00 getting everything done that I have to by midday....then I hide...totally washed out......Roll on the COOL.

A post that has been a pleasure to see and to read about.

FUJI

Two top sets there - looks like you had a brilliant day, my stamina would've fizzled out by Wycoller!

Denis - Your shot of the packhorse bridge is a real belter!

Rye - Likewise your shot of the Panopticon!

Korky

19 hours ago, Denis said:

I can honestly say that I have had an absolutely brilliant weekend,

Thanks Denis, glad you enjoyed it. The image of the bridge is a cracker - I'm going to have to go back on a nice sunny day and try it myself.

13 hours ago, FUJI said:

perhaps its a little cooler up your way Geoff

When we were having the heatwave in June/July it was regularly hitting 28c, this Sat it was about 22-23c with a nice breeze (we probably lost a few degrees due to height above sea level), Sunday was warmer, 25c at around 13:00 and did rise by a few degrees by 4-5pm, and we didn't have the cooling breeze.

9 hours ago, Korky said:

looks like you had a brilliant day, my stamina would've fizzled out by Wycoller!

Thanks Korky, we did, Denis had a step measuring thing app on his phone it said we did just short of 6 miles (I think), to be honest the only steep bits and hills were in Haworth, it was a longish day though, I think we left Halifax at 10am and were back in Halifax by around 8pm.

11 hours ago, colinb said:

maybe next year?

We hope to do something similar next year, the Grand Tour section will be different, as I know Denis would like to see some different bits of Lancs/Yorks.

3 hours ago, Clicker said:

'll book me hols now then   Rye  for the Ryewolf  Lancashire Tour 2019 !

The more the merrier, I know when me and Denis discussed doing it again next year we both hoped others from the forum might want to come along...

It'll be a Lancashire/Yorkshire Tour as my bit of the world is only about 15-20 miles form Yorkshire

13 minutes ago, Ryewolf said:

It'll be a Lancashire/Yorkshire Tour as my bit of the world is only about 15-20 miles form Yorkshire

It'll be a Tour of the Roses then !
:thumbsup:

By the way  Denis... Fantabulous  pic of the  Neolithic Bridge...  

It was this time around, we started in Halifax (Yorkshire) went into Lancashire, then Calderdale and back into Yorkshire. The whole circle was 56 miles and 10 hours travel around, we spent 3 hours in Haworth and another couple in Wycoller and Hebden and travel time/distance between each place was about 10-12 miles or 30 minutes.

As and when I get time I shall add a few more to this thread, just started on a batch of about 130 vintage commercial vehicles, I will put them on my blog page, but the scenic ones will go here if thats OK Rye..

A few more from last weekends trip to Lancashire & Yorkshire..

A view from the Atom..

175908343_ViewfromtheAtom.jpg.1124a1d9335f047be35643523d9c74b9.jpg

1733670114_Vaccarystones(1).jpg.c5b948716e28619bf1f85b3a82ed8704.jpg

953067779_Vaccarystones(3).jpg.39be49f565f329c3b9f0e9f78118588d.jpg

The lock at Todmorden..443722841_Lock(1024x785).jpg.643b14e0f49df71767fd871c38626fc4.jpg

Hebden Bridge265325822_HebdenBridge.jpg.d2d2e6301967dc04b4d93cd3b2ad8658.jpg

The Wicker Man@Todmorden..

943761353_WickerMan.jpg.171e2bec81eeec572fb60b35e8f20d8b.jpg

And lastly a Canal milestone, never seen one of these down on our canals...

Milestone.thumb.jpg.2d21af942dc047216f7aa5a4d9e6d900.jpg

Another great set of images Denis, I don't remember seeing the Canal Milestone before (I'm assuming Todmorden) but I do know they have them on the Leeds to Liverpool Canal - in fact I used to live about 500 yards from the halfway mark between Liverpool and Leeds on the canal.

I can honestly say that these are some of the best photos I have taken on a trip, including holidays. I have more keepers than ever before,  I think I may just be getting my head around this hobby :) I do hope next year we are joined by a few others, t'was only a 450 mile round trip for me !

46 minutes ago, Denis said:

I can honestly say that these are some of the best photos I have taken on a trip

I'm really pleased you enjoyed the weekend, despite the 450mile round trip and I did tailor it (The Grand Tour- was only 50 miles from Halifax back to Halifax) around the things I knew you liked to photograph, because they're the same sorts of things I like to photograph myself. Obviously I've seen this area so many times before, but the tour was something I knew we could easily do in 1 day - with a little planning. I'd like to think it was the countryside and locations I took you to visit that helped, it's always good to have someone who knows the area well - we did get a bit lost around Halifax due to roadworks (and the fact I didn't know how to use my Sat Nav), it's always great to have a co-pilot, which Denis did exceptionally well.

As for next year, I've looked at the route the HCVS takes from Birch Service Station on the M62 to Harrogate and I still think Hebden Bridge is the best place to see the trucks.........

10 minutes ago, Ryewolf said:

I did tailor it around the things I knew you liked to photograph, because they're the same sorts of things I like to photograph myself.  I'd like to think it was the countryside and locations I took you to visit that helped,

Spot on mate! I just felt at ease on this trip,and I wasn't trying too hard to get the best photos, I just thought about things a little more. Sometimes I'm too hard on meself when the results suck and I withdraw from the camera.

And this is still the best place on the net to get involved

• 8 months later...

Archived