Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Shooting Friends in The Dark.

colinb

I am intrigued  to know the  exif data Colin ... I'm  rubbish at hand held low light photography  even though I  know what I should be doing ..  Wide aperture   Longer  shutter speed if possible   Higher ISO if needed ... I  never seem to get it right .. This is a fine set  especially considering conditions ... I think you'll have to take me under your wing and give me some lessons .... hard to pick a fave  ....1st is smashing   for an advert for the band   ,  i love the light quality in the second .. But  the fourth one of the drummer is  excellent in my opinion ...  super  work !

13 hours ago, Hatter said:

Decent shots in what were less than ideal conditions.  I've found that type of stage lighting can confuse the camera by changing as you take the photo.

Were the band any good?

Very - but I'm biased as I know the two guitarists. From Eric Clapton to Take That a really good mix.

12 hours ago, Clicker said:

I am intrigued  to know the  exif data Colin ... I'm  rubbish at hand held low light photography  even though I  know what I should be doing ..  Wide aperture   Longer  shutter speed if possible   Higher ISO if needed ... I  never seem to get it right .. This is a fine set  especially considering conditions ... I think you'll have to take me under your wing and give me some lessons .... hard to pick a fave  ....1st is smashing   for an advert for the band   ,  i love the light quality in the second .. But  the fourth one of the drummer is  excellent in my opinion ...  super  work !

Hi Polly - I shot these at f2.8 and whilst I normally set the iso manually this was set to Auto for these pictures, auto iso really helps with the sudden colour changes I gave up trying this sort of thing on manual a while back. The camera was in Aperture as I find listening to the shutter (with camera on burst mode) as it fires helps me understand the shutter speed. Needless to say both the camera and lens helps to achieve and I have been shooting without flash for a few years. I would have like to try a little more depth but due to the crowd and small space (and most dancing with drinks in their hand) I didn't spend a lot of time taking the pictures. 

Archived