Having spent over twenty years doing a needlepoint tapestry that is 6'x4' and still not completed, I was awestruck by the work in this heraldic tapestry hanging in Harvington Hall measuring about the same .... A close up view shows how the delicate changes of colours  have  been used to "paint " the intricate tones  to give incredible accuracy to shape and form ....

Best viewed large..DSCF7892ed1s.thumb.jpg.32f99a77ad5749345f361a5bed5b504c.jpg

DSCF7892ed2s.thumb.jpg.9dcc563dd82cf02e4314db396d408499.jpg

• Like 1

Yes- an incredible amount of work must have gone into that.

Of course the lady in question (probably not the gentleman...) didn't waste time watching Poldark , Cricket and the Antique  Roadshow  on a dimly lit evening....

The expression on the lion's (?) face is just like mine after a vindaloo!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Clicker said:

Of course the lady in question (probably not the gentleman...) didn't waste time watching Poldark , Cricket and the Antique  Roadshow  on a dimly lit evening....

Watching Poldark is never a waste of time.   Cricket and the Antiques Roadshow however.... 😀 

• Haha 1

That really made me chuckle Mm :lol:

Ooh Hatter ....Wash your mouth out ... today's Test Match from Edgbaston was magnificent.... so exciting .....

What a lovely thing to see Polly - as you said, amazing how they produced truly artistic effects by needlework.

Thanks Dee ... the tones were so subtle...and the patience required to do this is almost unbelievable .. 

• Like 1